Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy following C-section incision hernia mesh repair
An_246404 posted:
I am 41 years old, 8 weeks pregnant. Two years ago I had a c-section (first child) and six monthls later I had to have a abdominal surgery to repair a incisional hernia because my c-section incision had not healed properly. Has anyone had a birth after such a hernial repair? I am thinking this will have to be another c-section? Do they cut through the mesh or will it be a new incision?

shel10 responded:
Hello,
congratulations on your pregnancy, I am 38 and have three boys. 19, 3, 1 years. All of them c-section. The last two boys were by c section horizontal incision. Yes. My doctor just cut on top of the previous incision. She said I should not worry about the skin being weaker because of it. As a matter of fact it has healed nicely, surprisingly. I did have a little larger incision with my last boy, his head was a little larger than the 3 year old so she cut a like an inch more. Hope all is well and send some baby magic my way. Would like to be pregnant again at 38.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Robin, I am 40 yrs old and am 20 wks pregnant with my 3rd child due Jan. 7, 2011. My other children are 17 (Dylan) and 14.5 (Cortnee). I never...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!