Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Pregnancy following C-section incision hernia mesh repair
    An_246404 posted:
    I am 41 years old, 8 weeks pregnant. Two years ago I had a c-section (first child) and six monthls later I had to have a abdominal surgery to repair a incisional hernia because my c-section incision had not healed properly. Has anyone had a birth after such a hernial repair? I am thinking this will have to be another c-section? Do they cut through the mesh or will it be a new incision?

shel10 responded:
    Hello,
    congratulations on your pregnancy, I am 38 and have three boys. 19, 3, 1 years. All of them c-section. The last two boys were by c section horizontal incision. Yes. My doctor just cut on top of the previous incision. She said I should not worry about the skin being weaker because of it. As a matter of fact it has healed nicely, surprisingly. I did have a little larger incision with my last boy, his head was a little larger than the 3 year old so she cut a like an inch more. Hope all is well and send some baby magic my way. Would like to be pregnant again at 38.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years. We have three children with another one on the way. My oldest just turned 25. ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
    to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.