Skip to content
Random ovulation after age 55??
An_248805 posted:
I am a 56 yr old healthy female with a question regarding ovulation. At
age 55 I had a uterine ablation because of heavy periods and some fibroids and polyps. All went well with that and my periods stopped all
together. My gyn tested me (per my request) to be sure that my ovaries were "dryed up" and I no longer would need to worry about pregnancy. I certainly did not want to be that one case in a million! Well, my husband and I have enjoyed the freedom of not having to stop and put on the "raincoat" as we call it over the last 18 months or so. My question is...2 wks ago I noticed that old familiar "egg white" jelly discharge and thought about it the next day after we had unprotected sex that night. I laughed it off, but a week later my breast began to be very tender and sore....now, please tell me there is no way I could possibly be pregnant right??? Can a woman ovulate randomly like that and conceive at my age???

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.