Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Random ovulation after age 55??
    An_248805 posted:
    I am a 56 yr old healthy female with a question regarding ovulation. At
    age 55 I had a uterine ablation because of heavy periods and some fibroids and polyps. All went well with that and my periods stopped all
    together. My gyn tested me (per my request) to be sure that my ovaries were "dryed up" and I no longer would need to worry about pregnancy. I certainly did not want to be that one case in a million! Well, my husband and I have enjoyed the freedom of not having to stop and put on the "raincoat" as we call it over the last 18 months or so. My question is...2 wks ago I noticed that old familiar "egg white" jelly discharge and thought about it the next day after we had unprotected sex that night. I laughed it off, but a week later my breast began to be very tender and sore....now, please tell me there is no way I could possibly be pregnant right??? Can a woman ovulate randomly like that and conceive at my age???

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years. We have three children with another one on the way. My oldest just turned 25. ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
    to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.