Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fetus has Mosaic Turner Syndrome
Clodagh posted:
I am almost 20 weeks pregnant and through amniocentesis found that the baby has 45,X [2> /46,46XX[15> Mosaic Turner Syndrome. However, the ecocardio and utrasound show everything is fine with her. Now I have to choose to terminate the pregnancy or keep the baby. I appreciate anyone who has had a similar experience and can give me some advice.

reddawn75 responded:
I don't know what to say but remember the postive in this everything looked good! I hope and pray god blesses you with a beautiful healthy baby girl!

Clodagh replied to reddawn75's response:
Dear reddawn75,
Apologies for the delayed response. Your words have helped us considerably. We have now seen a GC, have had another scan and echo and will go full term with our baby girl. She's due May 8th, and we've begun to think of a name for her. Her vital signs are remain good. Our next scan is Jan 23. Meanwhile, we've been educating ourselves on the early lives of girls with mosaic turners. We're praying that our degree of mosaicism will remain 12% or lower at the postnatal blood test. Please God the year 2013 will be a fortunate one for our baby and us.
Thanks again for your thoughts.
Best wishes for a happy new year.
Clodagh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 8wks pg with baby #2. My daughter was born 07/16/09. I was 35 when I became pg with her. Now I'll be turning 37 at the end of the month. I...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.