Skip to content
Possible Pregnancy
Deeneese posted:
I am 44 years old, been married for 9 years. I just started tracking ovulation and fertile days. My last menstrual was Dec 19, and the tracking calendar said that my cycle was due to start on Jan 14, well as of today Jan 18, it has not started. Not sure what to make of it as my husband and I have been desiring to become parents, it will be the first for both of us. I'm new to all of this, so any advise, comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get my hopes up with the possibility of pregnancy due to us going through 3 failed adoptions, so just want to be cautious.

Has anyone every experienced what I am dealing with regarding your cycyle being late and hoping that you are pregnant, and when should I take a pregnancy test or just wait until February to see if my cycle comes then???

Foxy35 responded:
I have taken pregnancy tests one day late and have had positives. I think it just depends how much hcg is in your body before it can show up positive on a pregnancy tes. Others like to wait until a week or so.
Good Luck!

Deeneese replied to Foxy35's response:
Ok, thank you.

Miargaarmi responded:
My LMP was the 19th of Dec. as well. I was due on the 13th but so far no sign of it. I'm 38 and have a 10 yr old. Just figured that's all we were going to have. I've had 2 miscarriages before my son was born, but have never been pregnant since he's been born. I'm not getting too excited, mostly figure I'm a little shocked, to say the least! I took a HPT earlier this week, but it was negative. My DH is out getting another test right now-when I told him he laughed! I'm NEVER late, but have no symptoms, other than no period. So it sounds like we'ew in the same boat! Good luck to you!

Deeneese replied to Miargaarmi's response:
I am never late, I have been early a couple of times, but never late, but I'm not getting too excited about it, you just never know what changes your body could be going through. I haven't taken a pregnancy test as of yet, and may just wait to see what happens within the next week.
Good luck to you as well.

Mamihlapinatapai responded:
Then I would say congratulations are in order!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ann 37yr turning 38 in 3wk. DH 37yr Married Sept. 09. DS 19yr &14yr 1st marriage DSS 17yr. Lost a baby boy Oct. 95 due to trisomy. My DH misscarri...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.