Skip to content
high risk for down syndrome, trisomy 18 and 13
An_249955 posted:
Hi all- I am 35 years old, 12wks prego and am waiting for cvs test results to confirm if the fetus has down syndrome, trisomy 18 or 13. My odds are 1 and 5. I had the cvs over a week ago, which was very difficult. They had to go in for a sample three times and still did not get a good one. The genetic counselor has told me the sample is very small and they are not sure if it is enough to get results. They are not even sure I can do another cvs because of the shape of my uterus. The only other option is waiting for the amnio. With the odds I am not even sure it is worth waiting for. The wait is killing me and with the risk so high I don't have much hope.

Anyone else gone through a similar experience?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Yvette. I recently turned 40. I have an 18yr old son. I also recently got married to a GOOD Man....who totally changed my mind in having an...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.