Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
42 pregnant and embarrassed
An_250072 posted:
I'm 42 and pregnant. I have 3 daughters ages 22 19 and 14. I found out when I was 3 months along. My daughters think I'm a disgrace and embarrassment and left to go live with their father. My boyfriend doesn't have children and we have been together for 4 years. I don't know what to do.

ZebraDivine responded:
What did your daughters expect you to do? Be celibate? You're a grown woman and, frankly, it's not their place, as long as you are able to be a good mother to them (and only one is a minor). It sounds like they may be feeling like seeing someone other than their father is one thing, but having other children is another - but they need to come to terms with that. It seems like you're in a committed relationship - do you want children with your boyfriend? Are you guys planning to stay together? If so, realistically, he doesn't have much more time to get you pregnant. Perhaps your daughter would be willing to do some family counseling, but I think they are being too judgmental.

Mamihlapinatapai responded:
Do what you want. You're 42 and have created life. That's a blessing. I think this is a cause for joy, not embarrassment. How does your boyfriend feel at this?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for 5 years and am still kinda undecided as to whether I want to have kids or not.I am almost 35.My husband does want to have kids...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.