Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Preganant and Missing Mom (Anyone else in this situation?)
Mellee posted:
Hello everyone ~ I found out I am pregnant for my first time, and my husband and I are overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for our little miracle.

However, one of the most significant parts a women looks forward to in her pregnancy is sharing with her mother and going to her for advice and crying on her shoulder if need be, and looking forward to sharing babies firsts.... with her and so much more. I can not do this the way I wish, because my mother passed away a couple of years ago. I miss her daily and now pregnant miss her even more.

While I feel so blessed to have my husband and to be expecting our little miracle, I'd appreciate sharing experiences here if anyone is in the same boat. Thought perhaps we could row these waters together in the next many months.

With wishes for you all to have healthy joy filled months ahead.

Best, Mel

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, What a wonderful place to get information from people in your situation. In 2 days I will be 39 and I am very apprehensive about being pregnan...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.