Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
am I being selfish?
guitarmomof3 posted:
Hi ladies I will be 38 Monday and am wanting to have another baby before I get to old for more. I have three living teenagers and after the birth of the third we had my tubes tied. I did this thinking I was done and wanted nothing more to do with putting my family at risk for premature births. My youngest was 6 weeks premature and has been a fighter for everything he has his heart set on. I feel like I gave up on my faith and was doing only what war right at the time, now I feel like I have more of my self to give and would love to share my life with more babies.

I want to get pregnant so bad I feel like I am being selfish and only caring about what I want. My husband is excited either way if we have more babies or not. Am I being selfish or not? Should I just give up and be happy with what I have or should I try to find what is lost in my soul and keep trying to have more babies? I know God is giving and will grant the desires of those he wishes to but also do not want to push it and end up with problems in my health if we do. I fight the flesh in my life as to why did I have my tubes tied, why didn't I just walk away and not do it, and what have I done wrong to deserve this. Now I have begun to let God handle all my hearts wishes and know that no mater what if it is his desire for my family to have more members then so be it.

perry147 responded:
I don't think your being selfish, I was 41 when I had my first and am currently trying for another. My DH and I only started trying when I was 39. You and your DH want to try so go for it. I started my journey with the idea that I don't want to be 50 and to never have tried. I am realistic that it could take longer but if my son asks why he doesn't have a brother or sister I can honestly say I tried and I really wanted him. Hope this helps.

Mamihlapinatapai replied to perry147's response:
That's the way I feel about trying for a second. My wife had our first at 36. Had two miscarriages since then. That was like having your heart torn in two. She's 39 now. Will keep trying.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i want to get to have another child.... i am going through the start of the change and I am on Meds for it..... I have 2 kids already, but we want one...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.