Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Should I be worried?
figureskater24 posted:
Not sure anyone will see this or respond but I just needed someone to know. I started spotting Thursday around 7am. Went to work anyway. A friend convinced me I should just go home and relax as I was worried. After going home and napping for a bit I got up and went to the bathroom. There was quite a bit of bright red blood in the toilet. It was then I figured I should go to the hospital to be on the safe side. They took blood work right away! My HcG levels were only 126 and I was supposed to be 5 weeks pregnant. They said I probably miscarried. Ultrasound was inconclusive as they could see the sac and such but was much too early to see a heartbeat. They want me to do repeat bloodwork so I can compare and a repeat ultrasound. there's a part of me that wants to believe that maybe my levels were just low and the baby is fine. But everyone is telling me the baby is more then likely gone. I have not had anymore bleeding since Thursday. The odd brown spot on toilet paper but nothing in my underwear. Do I have reason to still stay optimistic or are they right, I've probably miscarried? And how long do I wait and see if I pass the rest of the baby and stuff? I would need a D&C right if I don't?

Mamihlapinatapai responded:
Probably be best to see your doctor. This sounds a lot like the miscarriages we had.

Heal, then try again.

figureskater24 replied to Mamihlapinatapai's response:
Yes, you are right. I did miscarry! I went back to the hospital on Sunday and found out my levels dropped back off to 30. That night I started bleeding. My doctor saw me last night and said to try and stay positive. A lot of women get pregnant again right after their miscarriage! This is what I'm hoping and praying for!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After years of the Doctors telling me I wouldn't have a baby due to female troubles and since 2001 my diabetes. I had a surprise baby 5/24/2009. I...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.