Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How do I know for sure?
2beornot2beamom posted:
As someone who goes back and forth on the issue of motherhood, I'm seeking input. Does anyone know for sure whether or not they want to have kids at any stage in life any more? Is it possible to know for sure, given how many options we have as women these days? If so, what does it take to have that kind of certainty? Please advise!

Mamihlapinatapai responded:
I can tell you that initially my wife did not want children. There were some arguments about it. Now that we have a little one, she is really glad about it.

I honestly can't tell you when someone is ready. Obviously, women are having children later and later in life because of career, divorce, etc. I really can't imagine life without our son--he's such a joy.

When you're ready, you'll know, you know?

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.