Skip to content
could i be pregnant?
pattiec posted:
I'm 44 and my husband and i would love to have a child together and have been trying for 8 months now. Well i was supposed to start yesterday but did'nt. Took a home test it was negative. Its been awhile since i was last pregnant and don't know how long i should wait to take the test again. Could anybody help? We really hope it is a positive this time.

jas73 responded:
I am new to this site so I wish I could have been able to answer this for you before. You probably know if you were pregnant or not at this point. I hope it all worked out for you. I just turned 40 and have 2 children and my husband and I decided to try again. My youngest is his, but my oldest is from a previous marriage. We got pregnant, but miscarried. I am dealing with whether or not I can handle trying again. The miscarriage has brought up so many feelings. I can't try for another couple months at least anyway so I hope to make my decision by then...I am not getting any younger and it is scary enough being my age.

My question to you is...Have you seen a doctor? and do you have any other kids? They say if you are over 35 and if you have been trying for over 6 months that you should call them.

I wish all the luck in the world. I hope everything works out for you and you get what you want.

asoldiersmom replied to jas73's response:
I really do understand what you are going through. I am 41 and my current husband and I decided to do in vitro. 2 round we got pregnant and then I miscarried at 4 weeks along. I was so broken- hearted. I decided to take a good mental and physical break to clear my head and minimize the stress in my life. We just did our last round and I am waiting for results to come in. Take a break and then try again. minimize the stress in your lives and go from there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 8wks pg with baby #2. My daughter was born 07/16/09. I was 35 when I became pg with her. Now I'll be turning 37 at the end of the month. I...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.