Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
could i be pregnant?
pattiec posted:
I'm 44 and my husband and i would love to have a child together and have been trying for 8 months now. Well i was supposed to start yesterday but did'nt. Took a home test it was negative. Its been awhile since i was last pregnant and don't know how long i should wait to take the test again. Could anybody help? We really hope it is a positive this time.

jas73 responded:
I am new to this site so I wish I could have been able to answer this for you before. You probably know if you were pregnant or not at this point. I hope it all worked out for you. I just turned 40 and have 2 children and my husband and I decided to try again. My youngest is his, but my oldest is from a previous marriage. We got pregnant, but miscarried. I am dealing with whether or not I can handle trying again. The miscarriage has brought up so many feelings. I can't try for another couple months at least anyway so I hope to make my decision by then...I am not getting any younger and it is scary enough being my age.

My question to you is...Have you seen a doctor? and do you have any other kids? They say if you are over 35 and if you have been trying for over 6 months that you should call them.

I wish all the luck in the world. I hope everything works out for you and you get what you want.

asoldiersmom replied to jas73's response:
I really do understand what you are going through. I am 41 and my current husband and I decided to do in vitro. 2 round we got pregnant and then I miscarried at 4 weeks along. I was so broken- hearted. I decided to take a good mental and physical break to clear my head and minimize the stress in my life. We just did our last round and I am waiting for results to come in. Take a break and then try again. minimize the stress in your lives and go from there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mamihlapinatapai is a Yaghan word that means "a look between two people that suggests an unspoken, shared desire."

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!