Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
39 and pregnant
TeddiBearMomma posted:
We are so very excited to be pregnant! We are scared to death but absolutely joyful that we were finally able to conceive. He is 42, I am 39. I will still be 39 at the time of delivery. My doctor examined me beforehand and told me she thought I was healthy enough to get pregnant despite the fact that I have atypical cells on my pap which they are monitoring. I am eating healthy, drinking lots of water and walking. I'm completelly exhausted... I am so worried about losing my little jellybean. The doctor doesn't want to see me for two more weeks. I am not having any nausea with this pregnancy which is very concerning to me. I had severe nausea with my first two (who are now ages 9 & 13). I had a blighted ovum between my two children and had to have an emergency D&C. I just need to know everything is going to be okay... I wish they'd check my hormone levels to make sure they are climbing appropriately. How do I stop stressing and enjoy this?

AnaBoykins responded:
Congrats!! enjoy and do not read to much some horror stories on internet, you are doing great, eating healthy, drinking water and walking, keep the good job.
I delivered my LO at 40 Yrs. o, now he is 4 months now we are thinking in have another one!!!
how not to stress out??? well, kind of difficult, I think helped me to live the moment, day by day take care what need to be done and do NOT worry for what is NOT. keep it real!!!
I hope that you understand my English lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wow! I'm back! Let's see I am NOT 42 anymore (though I was when I joined up to follow my pg!) I am now 46 - and will be turning 47 this year. ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful