Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
stressed about getting prego
deedee43 posted:
im 38 soon to be 39. my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. its been a struggle like none other. I had my tubes tide almost 15 years ago then we decided to have them reversed 3 years ago. 2 years later we got pregnant. 9 weeks later I had a ruptured tubal pregnancy.it devastated us.That was just over a year ago this past July. Im starting to worry that we wont get pregnant again since the dr removed my ovary and tube from the side of the tubal pregnancy. I had dye ran through the tube that is left and everything looked good according to the Dr. Im just afraid that since its been over a year , with constant trying with no pregnancy, that it wont happen again. We really would love to have another child and my Dr says to keep trying as long as we want to but im worried about my age. Am I to old to keep trying?

3rdTry4Baby responded:
You are not too old to keep trying. I will be 38 soon and my OBGYN says that as long as I am ovulating, I can keep trying...the downside is that our genes dictate healthy babies and at this age not all my eggs are fantastic (medically speaking of course), so I am able to conceive but they have not been viable fetuses...I am hoping 3rd time will be a charm for me! Let us both keep trying with hope and positivity!

deedee43 replied to 3rdTry4Baby's response:
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement . I guess I just am letting not getting pregnant get me down a little. Some months I think I should leave well enough alone after a many key downs , but we have decided to keep trying for a few more months. It's just hard seeing babies everywhere and not knowing if we will ever be blessed again.

deedee43 replied to deedee43's response:
So many let downs I mean

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Yvette. I recently turned 40. I have an 18yr old son. I also recently got married to a GOOD Man....who totally changed my mind in having an...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!