Skip to content
39 and trying to get pregnant
An_256260 posted:
I turned 39 today and trying to get pregnant. I am very scared whether i will get pregnant or not. I will be starting IUI next month. I will appreciate any words of encouragement or advice? Have you got pregnant at 39 and later?

perry147 responded:
I don't know about others but I got pregnant with my son at 41 and my friend was 40 and a half when she found out she was pregnant the first time and 44 and pregnant with number 2 and we both had uneventful pregnancies. Hope this helps. Good Luck

lilybean_t responded:
Hi there - clearly much depends on the individual but I have several friends who are or have gotten pregnant in late 30s or early 40s (some assisted, some not). I am 41 and had my IUD taken out 5 weeks ago and just confirmed a positive stick test. I was VERY surprised, so fast. My two cents is to try to go about it as relaxed and optimistic as possible.

jamba11 replied to perry147's response:
Thank you. This fills me with positivity.

jamba11 replied to lilybean_t's response:
Thank you and congratulations!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two teenage boys ages 18 and 16 from my previous marriage. I am pregnant with my child at the age of 39 years old. The father is 44 y...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.