Skip to content
Sciatica, Leg Pain & 4 months Preggers w/2nd child
bcstephens posted:
I am 40 yo & I am suffering this pregnancy. Not sure if it is because of my already bad back, but from the day I found out I was pregnant I have had the worst case of Sciatica & Piriformis syndrome in my entire life. I try to stretch, yoga, pool exercises & even ice, but I have the most problem at night when it comes to sleeping. I cannot lay on my stomach & every 2hours I wake up to pee, but I have so much pain that I it takes 30min to get back to sleep. My lil one seems to be fine but I'm constantly in pain. I am trying to get a acupuncturist to help and I am wary of a chiropractor right now. Anyone else having problems like this & what did you do to obtain relief. Or does anyone have any recommended treatments? Oh, it does not help that I am waiting on a new bed either. Help!!

mmsnell75 responded:
Hello! I'm 39 and just found out I was pregnant with my 5th child. Before I even got a positive I started to have sciatic pain in my right buttock and groin. This pregnancy i have already had much more aches and pains. Ive been having lots of cramping which is making me nervous because I have had one miscarriage before. I did also have right much cramping with my fourth pregnancy. Have you also had alot of cramping?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 38 recently devorced and met a great man. I have 5 kids and he has 3 and what a wonderful life, if this is love then I love it. He makes me so happ...More

Helpful Tips

genetic testing and ultrasounds
to all 35+ moms, I was 38 when I received the fabulous news I was expecting, and 39 upon delivery. my blood work came back elevated and i ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.