Skip to content
Sciatica, Leg Pain & 4 months Preggers w/2nd child
bcstephens posted:
I am 40 yo & I am suffering this pregnancy. Not sure if it is because of my already bad back, but from the day I found out I was pregnant I have had the worst case of Sciatica & Piriformis syndrome in my entire life. I try to stretch, yoga, pool exercises & even ice, but I have the most problem at night when it comes to sleeping. I cannot lay on my stomach & every 2hours I wake up to pee, but I have so much pain that I it takes 30min to get back to sleep. My lil one seems to be fine but I'm constantly in pain. I am trying to get a acupuncturist to help and I am wary of a chiropractor right now. Anyone else having problems like this & what did you do to obtain relief. Or does anyone have any recommended treatments? Oh, it does not help that I am waiting on a new bed either. Help!!

mmsnell75 responded:
Hello! I'm 39 and just found out I was pregnant with my 5th child. Before I even got a positive I started to have sciatic pain in my right buttock and groin. This pregnancy i have already had much more aches and pains. Ive been having lots of cramping which is making me nervous because I have had one miscarriage before. I did also have right much cramping with my fourth pregnancy. Have you also had alot of cramping?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 years old and very happy to be expecting #4! I work full-time and my DH is home with the kids. The older kids are active in various activities...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.