Skip to content
Can't believe this is happening
omgprego39 posted:
Hello, I just found out I am pregnant!!! 4 wks ago I was trying to be cool and ride my 7yr old son's BMX bike, I barley got on there and made it to the middle of the BMX bike track and fell. I tried to catch my fall with my right hand and broke my wrist into 9 pieces, ended up requiring an emergency surgery since there was a compound break, a plate and 10 screws later I am out of the hospital. Then 2 wks later my Dad dies!!! 4 wks later I find out I am pregnant!!! I didn't think it would happen since My husband and I have been like if it happens it happens for more than 2 yrs now. It happens now!!! I have been on pain meds! I have been grieving over my father. I have 2 boys 7 and 5 and now I am freaking out. I will make an app with OB to make sure with these pain meds I am taking and see if my pregnancy is healthy. I estimate I am only about 3 wks. I stopped the pain meds but in a lot of pain and will be starting therapy which I hear is very painful. I feel awful as I think this will be so challenging. I am 39 and will be turning 40 when I am about 6 months prego. I am freaking out and wish I was more carful. Anyone has any advice or been hurt and perg like this?

kristine403 responded:
Hi, I think you need to take a deep breath and think of the blessings you have now. You are very blessed to have two boys and another one on the way. I know being pregnant is not easy to anyone, but you should always think of the good things around you just to make you feel lucky and sane. And also you are not alone, we are here for you to listen and you also have your hubby by your side, so stop over thinking and start being optimistic. Let me also share here with you a site where you could know when your due date is, good luck. http://www.babyduedatecalculator.net/articles/when-is-my-due-date.html

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

A few tips to start
If you?d like to find which board went to which Exchange, then check out Find Your Exchange . You can increase font size by pressing ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.