Skip to content
My tailbone hurts!
Briarrose31 posted:
I fell down the stairs a year ago and hit really hard on my tailbone. It was so painful all I could do was cry. I had the biggest bruise on my tailbone that took months to go away.

Now that there is "weight" down there, it is starting to hurt me again

Do you think I might have cracked it or something?? or maybe have arthritis because I fell so hard?

Seriously that was the worst fall I ever had. I was surprised I didn't break anything, but now I am starting to wonder.

unknown responded:
I was just thinking the exact same thing today !! I didn't fall, but my tailbone has been hurting too especially when I sit on the floor, so it must be a pregnancy related thing with all the pressure down there. Im sure since you have a previous injury, it's not going to help. My husband had a tailbone accident a few years ago and his PT said a tailbone injury takes sooooo long to heal. He was in the worst pain too. Maybe ask your dr. about it. Your tailbone could be weak because of the accident.

booklvr04 responded:
Hi Erin -

I fell down the steps probably 5 months ago and hit right on my tailbone. It is still sore to this day while doing certain activities. It makes sense that you little one could be putting pressure on your tailbone and causing the pain. Does it hurt all the time, or just in certain positions? I hope you can find some relief soon!

JJMarie responded:
I broke my tailbone about 7 years ago and it still bothers me from time to time Even if you had broken it, there really isn't anything you can do but rest it. From what I hear and have experienced once you've broken your tailbone, it will likely bother you from time to time. Like I even had to buy a more cushioned bike seat because my butt couldn't handle a regular bike seat! Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do. Maybe take some tylenol to help with the pain? I would mention it to your doctor maybe they have some advice for you other than using tylenol. Maybe ice or heat? Sorry your bum is hurting I have a feeling I will be having issues soon too. I am just praying that it doesn't break again in labor!

(((HUGS)))

Marie

unknown responded:
I've never severely hurt my tailbone, but I have pain sometimes in it too. With mine, when I press on it it relieves some of the pain so I don't know if its the same or not. I asked about it once and was told that its just part of it, but yours may be more pronounced because of the previous injury. I hope you feel better soon!

Briarrose31 responded:
It hurts a lot when I sit, but standing causes my legs and back to hurt, lol. LORD this is going to be a long 3 months isn't it????

JennaG1983 responded:
I'm sorry you are in pain.

My SIL broke her tail bone during labor. That was 9 years ago and sometimes I hear her complain about it hurting. I guess like the other ladies said, it is something that follows you around.

I bet you did break it when you fell. Hopefully you will find some kind of relief soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Taryn (22). I met my DH (29) in 2006 and we were married 12/8/2007. I have PCOS and DH has MFIF issues. It took three rounds of IUI's a...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.