Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll
booklvr04 posted:
Hi Girls! Seems like the board has been slow lately... thought I'd throw out a poll (I stole off the internet)... 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? 3. How did your parents react? 4. What was your first symptom? 5. How much weight have you gained? 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? 7. When did you first feel the baby move? 8. Is your delivery location far from home? 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

booklvr04 responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? No - my DH was still asleep and I had to wake him up to look at the HPT... he was so confused!! 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My good friend Jen and then the WebMD girls! We also told our parents after the first BPT. 3. How did your parents react? They were in complete shock. I was supposed to be doing IVF, so I could see the thoughts running through their heads trying to figure out how in the world I was pregnant... it was priceless. 4. What was your first symptom? Besides missing AF, I had nausea and vomiting starting 5w3d. 5. How much weight have you gained? I'm down 5lbs so far, and looking forward to eating again and gaining some weight. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? Not yet... stay tuned... 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Not yet. 8. Is your delivery location far from home? The hospital is about 10 minutes from home, but further away from both of our work locations, but maybe only a 20 minute drive without traffic. 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? I think the hospital allows 2 people in the room. So obviously DH, and maybe my mom if she can get here in time (she lives 4 hours away). DH doesn't have the strogest of stomachs so it should be interesting! 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No, I think photographs will do for us! 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? I would love to try natural childbirth, but being realistic, I'm 99% sure there are going to be drugs involved!!!

NervousBride responded:
Great idea Emily! I was beginning to feel very lonely around here! 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? DH was in the master bedroom sleeping when I took the test in the master bathroom. I woke him up right away! 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? Well, that would be you Emily!!! :grin: 3. How did your parents react? Mom couldn't wait to tell everyone (that was more important that anything else to her :eyeroll:). Dad on the other hand had the most genuinely emotional and wonderful reaction. He was truly happy for me and made me feel so good! 4. What was your first symptom? Sore breasts 5. How much weight have you gained? 0 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? not yet but I'm trying not to look too closely :wink: 7. When did you first feel the baby move? around 8-10 weeks small flutters 8. Is your delivery location far from home? 20 mins if I'm driving, 30 if DH drives... 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? just DH and hopefully some really good drs/nurses! 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? Oh hell no. No offense to anyone, that's just not for me. 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? Bring on the drugs!! :sillygrin:

Taylove11 responded:
Great poll Emily! 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? Dh was with me the first time I POAS. The second line was so faint. We thought it was a fluke. I tested again 2 days later, and ran to DH and told him to look at it. There it was, our BFP! I went into the doctor 2 days later and they called me that afternoon at work to confirm it. I then sent a text to DH that said, "Congratulations daddy." 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My mom 3. How did your parents react? My mom started crying. My dad was happy, said congrats and gave me a hug. MIL just laughed hysterically and kept saying "yes". FIL got this huge grin on his face, literally ran across the room. He hugged me and shook DH's hand and said congrats. 4. What was your first symptom? Thinking back, it was indigestion and heartburn around 7-9 DPO. Pretty sure those were my first symptoms. 5. How much weight have you gained? 3 pounds at 16w2d. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? I have noticed some on my bb's. :( 7. When did you first feel the baby move? I have been feeling flutters for a while now. I can't remember exactly when they started though. I think 12-13 weeks. :) 8. Is your delivery location far from home? It's about 30-40 minutes away. I live a mile from a new hossy, but I wanted to stay with the OB/GYN that I have been seeing since I was 16. I really like her. 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? I think it will be DH and my mom. It'll be interesting to see. DH will have to work rotating shifts. If he has to work the day I go into labor, I'll have to call him on the way to the hospital. Hopefully he will make it there before the LO arrives. 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No way. It's just not for me. 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? Haven't decided yet...

tborek responded:
Fun idea! 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? b I took the test in the bathroom but ran immediatly to the bedroom to tell DH 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? b I think MIL 3. How did your parents react? b Super excited 4. What was your first symptom? b tiredness and headaches 5. How much weight have you gained? b I think I am down 1lb as of my 20w apt 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? b oh yea, still remaining from my last pregnancy. gotta love the war wounds! 7. When did you first feel the baby move? b around 17 weeks 8. Is your delivery location far from home? b about 10-15 min 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? b only DH 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? b heck no! 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? b I will try to do natural again

Bbasgirl responded:
This will be fun..... 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? Nope, I was getting ready to get in the shower completely nude when I decided I would take a HPT just for the heck of it. When it read "pregnant" I stood at the top of our stairs screaming for DH. He said it was the funniest thing to see me jumping up and down naked screaming "I cant believe it, I cant believe it!" 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My mom. 3. How did your parents react? My mom cried, DH's parents were super excited. 4. What was your first symptom? I was wiped out. 5. How much weight have you gained? 0 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? I have about 5 million from my previous pregnancies. 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Not yet, but can hardly wait. 8. Is your delivery location far from home? About 35 minutes. 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? Just DH. 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No thanks. 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? I've had 3 previous C sections so this one will be too. Drugs will be a must!

VioletBlossom responded:
1. I tested in the bathroom then ran into the bedroom and woke DH. 2. I told the RE's office of course, then the dentist's because I wanted to skip the X-Rays. My sister was the first one I told outside of the medical realm. 3. My mother didn't believe me... Thought I was joking. Dad congratulated me. Had to tell them on the phone, they are in NY and I am in TX 4. My 1st symptom was sore breasts 5. I've gained about 35 lbs - My Dr. is only allowing me 40! 6. No stretch marks yet 7. I can't remember when I first felt the babies... I think it may have been week 13? It was earlier than with DD. 8. The hospital is about 35 minutes away. 9. DH will be the only one in the delivery room. 10. No way am I filming the birth. 11. This will be a C-section so meds are a must.

KateIM responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? I was by myself, but it took about 30 seconds for me to travel the length of the house to wake up DH adn tell him. 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? We told DH's sister becasue of her shared IF journey and we were going to keep it a secret until 12 weeks. Unfortunately, when DH found out there were two babies he was too excited and had to tell. 3. How did your parents react? My mom and her sisters laughed, cried, hugged eachother, and danced in circles in the gas station parking lot. DH's parents seemed interested/excited but then the first thing out of his mom's mouth was about how they bought his sister a crib and they couldn't very well buy us two b/c it was too expensive... thanks cheapo. 4. What was your first symptom? I didn't really have any until the nausea started at around 6 weeks. 5. How much weight have you gained? I've lost 16 pounds so far - I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in trouble at my next appt. if I've lost more. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? I have some leftover from IF drugs, and I'm sure I'll get more since the ones I have aren't fading much... 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Sitll haven't - hopefully soon!!! 8. Is your delivery location far from home? 240 miles - about a 3 hr drive... should be interesting. 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? I think just DH. 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? Nah - I think we'll just stick with pictures. 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? Drugs baby!!!

cansim responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? Funny eoungh, my friend (who also happens to be my neighbor and co-worker) was with me. We had carpooled to work (she drove), and I went to the clinic to get a BPT. I made up some silly excuse to borrow her car, but when I found out that I'd have to go get the results in person because they wouldn't give them over the phone, I had to tell her. She came with me...and it was positive, of course:sillygrin: 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? Besides DH and the friend that was with me, I told my mom. Oh, wait!! Jen (nervousbride), I emailed you that day:sillygrin: 3. How did your parents react? They were totally excited! 4. What was your first symptom? increased hunger and extreme thirst 5. How much weight have you gained? 8 lbs. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? nope 7. When did you first feel the baby move? haven't yet 8. Is your delivery location far from home? 1.5 hours away. Yes, we live in the middle of nowhere:sillygrin: 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? DH and possibly my mom. She'll be flying in from Washington State, so I guess it will depend a little on if she can make it in time 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? I'm thinking HECK NO:sillygrin: 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? Undecided. I would really like to do natural, but I just don't know if I can do it :frown:

michigan29 responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? No. DH was already at work and I'd done a REALLY early HPT (8DPO). The line was super faint and I took it to work with me, studying it in the car and sneaking it out of my pocket to look at it whenever I had a second. Called DH on the way home and said, "Well, it looks like we're pg again." Neither of us even got excited because of the m/c a couple months earlier.... we were sure we were going to lose it. Kinda anticlimactic now, but that's how it happened. 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My sister 3. How did your parents react? Cautious optimism 4. What was your first symptom? CRAMPS!!!! 5. How much weight have you gained? 10 lbs -- ugh! 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? Not yet 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Last night! 8. Is your delivery location far from home? Nope, big hospital up the hill that I can almost see from my bedroom window 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? Just DH 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? OMG NO! 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? I am all about that epidural

jpgrl32 responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? No 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? We told our parents together 3. How did your parents react? My mom cried. My dad and in-laws were very excited and a litle surprised. 4. What was your first symptom? Missing my period. Then exhaustion. 5. How much weight have you gained? @25 lbs 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? Just got some in the past week. 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Dec 19th 8. Is your delivery location far from home? No 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? Just DH 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No. I don't think I need to see that. LOL 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? I've already got my epidural on hold! :goofy:

BinxsMom responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? No. I had my RE's office call my DH and he texted me while I was at work. (I still have the text!) 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? We waited until 12 weeks, then we told our parents. 3. How did your parents react? Super exctied! My dad cried! 4. What was your first symptom? nausea around 6 weeks 5. How much weight have you gained? I feel like too much! It's around 25 pounds. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? Nope! (thank goodness!) 7. When did you first feel the baby move? It was 17 weeks and I was at the movies watching New Moon. Little guy just started going right when Bella went to save Edwawrd! 8. Is your delivery location far from home? 10-15 minutes 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? Only DH 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No, just still pictures that are rated PG 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? If I feel the need for an epidural I WILL ask for it! :smile: Lori

siepmanm1 responded:
Ooooh, I love polls. Thanks Em! 1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? I was by myself. DH came home a few hours later. 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My mom at around 10 weeks so I kept it to myself for a LONG time ;) 3. How did your parents react? My mom cried. It was so sweet! 4. What was your first symptom? Cramping and sore breasts 5. How much weight have you gained? 27 lbs 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? No!!! I am religiously using Burt's Bees Belly Balm and Palmers Tummy Butter! Hope it helps prevent! But if I get them, no biggie, they would be a badge of honor! 7. When did you first feel the baby move? 18w1d 8. Is your delivery location far from home? it is a 20 minute drive 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? DH 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? I've worked in L and D long enough to see people's birth plans go right out the window. I'm not saying I'll have an epidural/pain meds for sure, but I am not opposed. We will just take it as it comes and decide along the way.

PinkPanther444 responded:
1. Was anyone with you when you found out your were pregnant? I was by myself. I promised DH I wouldn't test until I actually went in for the BPT, but couldn't wait. When I discovered it was + I HAD to call him at work even though I wouldn't have liked to make it a special surprise when he arrived home. 2. Who was the first person you told besides DH/SO? My mom! She was away in FL on the beach. Thankfully she had her phone on her. Haha, she was somewhat surprised that I was able to tell I was pg already as she knew my BPT wasn't for several more days. Back when she had myself and my brother they didn't have HPT. Isn't that crazy?!!? 3. How did your parents react? My mom said she KNEW I was pg, that many ppl had been praying for me! My dad doesn't say very much, but was pretty excited himself! 4. What was your first symptom? Sore BBs and I was very bloated from the IVF as well. 5. How much weight have you gained? I lost 5 lbs in the first tri but have since gained that back. So right now I broke even at 0 lbs. 6. Notice any stretch marks yet? Not yet, but I know they are coming! I bought some expensive cream my friend swears by but I don't know how much longer I can afford to keep buying it! 7. When did you first feel the baby move? Well, I felt some weird "popping" feelings around 11-12 wks. I think I actually felt him move last week around 17 wks, but it is very infrequent. 8. Is your delivery location far from home? It is about 20 mins away. 9. Who will you have in the delivery room with you? DH although my mom will probably try to get in there somehow! 10. Do you plan to videotape the birth? No way in he**!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11. Natural or medicated labor and delivery? Completely medicated!!

MrsNealsWheels responded:
1. Yep. DH was in the shower when I took it and we looked at it together when he got done. It was super light, so I took 2 more at work throughout the day (yes, really) so a couple coworkers/good friends knew pretty soon after! 2. I can't even remember how many of my friends I texted or e-mailed. We wanted as many people praying as we could without telling our parents :wink: 3. My mom already knew but still was really excited when we told her. MIL was super excited, but I think DH's stepmom was more excited than anyone! We sent a text of the u/s at 9w to all of them at the same time so no one could get jealous that someone else found out first. :sheepish: 4. IDK if it was the pg or the OHSS but I was very sick and very tired right from the start. Cramps from CD6 on. 5. I lost 10lbs right off the bat and have only gained 1 back... I'm trying! 6. Unfortunately yes. I had them before. I get them when I lose weight even, so I'm doomed. 7. 17w6d, one week ago today :smile: 8. Its probably 30 minutes or so away. 9. I'm only going to have DH in the delivery room. 10. We are NOT taping it. 11. I'm going to do my best to go without any meds. I'm taking a hypnobirthing class to try to learn what the heck to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, I'm Amanda. I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.