Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BF had M/C today
PinkPanther444 posted:
[TRIGGER] Unfortunately, my best friend had a m/c today at 12 weeks. She began having bleeding coupled with cramping this morning and went to the ER to discover that there had been no growth since 7 weeks and there was no fetus, only a sac. She's trying to remain strong but I'm very upset for her. Thankfully, she has a son who is a yr old to occupy her time and to give the peace of mind that her and DH are capable of having a normal pregnancy. I know several of you have posted resources in the past about surviving a m/c and was wondering if you could post them again so I can pass them along to her. Thanks in advance!
Stacy (30), DH (30). TTC for 13 mos. BFP on IVF cycle 1!
EDD 7/24/10. It's a BOY!

no1phillygirl responded:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends loss. If you go to the Coping with Pregnancy loss you will probably get some good advice. I just had my 3rd loss the last 2 being after IVF. I am just taking every day as it comes. Knowing that I will be doing IVF #3 is the only thing that keeps me going right now.
Marla
Marla(41) DH(31) 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08; saw RE(all ok except I'M OLD)ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09; ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy 4/10 d

booklvr04 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Stacy. Many prayers being sent her way!
Emily(31); DH(31) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! EDD of Alexander Edward - 8/29/2010 God is Great! Next Appt: GTT 6/10/10

tamaricek responded:
Unfortunately I understand how your friend feels...I also had 2 m/cs and the only way to cope is to accept that that was the path I had to take in order to get where I am now-with my baby girl, 9.5 months old. It's difficult to accept those loses...I wrote about them on my blog , and how I survived them...if you or your friend feels like it, look it up!
Best advice is for you to be with her and for her as much as you can! Keep your chin up!

PGinSJ replied to tamaricek's response:
Stace,

My heart goes out to your friend, that's just awful. No one should have to endure the loss of a child.

The two resources I highly recommend are 1) the book "miscarriage: why it happens and how best to reduce your risk" and 2) the website pregnancyloss.info

If you want more suggestions I'd ask the ladies on PAL or TTC after loss. I found the coping with pg loss board to be kinda slow (meaning I didn't get timely responses but that was awhile ago) but it did help some reading others stories.
Christy (37) and DH (36). Our first, a baby boy! EDD 8/26/10. Just entered third tri! 3D/4D ultrasound 6/18.

PinkPanther444 replied to PGinSJ's response:
Thanks girls for the suggestions, I have already passed them along to her. And I apologize for not originally putting a triggs notation on my post! :0
Stacy (30), DH (30). TTC for 13 mos. BFP on IVF cycle 1! EDD 7/24/10. It's a BOY!

NervousBride replied to PinkPanther444's response:
I'm so sorry Stacy, my heart goes out to her. ((((((((HUGS))))))))
Jen(34), DD(7), married to DH 10/08, TTC our 1st for 18Cs - BFP 11/22/09!! Our little blessing due 7/24/10

kivuli replied to no1phillygirl's response:
ooh maria, where is that hospital is? i real want to go and try.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Tolu. I'm 30 and my husband is 35. We have been married for almost 7 years. We started trying to conceive in January of 2007. We sa...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.