Skip to content
brown stringy discharge and cramps?
Alohaimee04 posted:
Please tell me it's normal...

I've had globs of brown every single time i've wiped since the big bleed but today i'm having cramps and this brown stringy discharge. :( I have that AF is aroud the corner feeling and though I am exhausted and feeling very queasy I just can't shake the bad feelings...
Aimee(23)DH(25) TTC1 since 2007. MC mother's day 2007 @ 5w4d, MMC 12/23/10 @10weeks, chemical 4/21/10 @ 4w1d. BFP 6/14/10 PLEASE STICK LO! EDD: 02/25/2011

bflkeeper responded:
Well, since it is brown and stringy, it sounds like old blood mixed with CM. I felt like I was about to start AF for the first 7 weeks of this pregnancy and everything was alright. If the cramps get worse or the discharge gets redder, I'd call the doctor. Your beta numbers have been really good, which is an excellent sign. Lay down and drink lots of water, maybe consider taking Tylenol. GL (I'd tell you to relax, but having been there, I know how impossible that is).
Me (32), DH (33), our first, a boy due 8/15. Gestational Diabetes

PinkPanther444 responded:
Aimee-
I had the same thing after my bleeding episode. When the Dr. did my u/s at the hospital when I was being diagnosed she noticed some blood clots which she said were close to my cervix that I would pass. She said when they came out they would look "chunky" which may be similar to what you are experiencing. Rule of thumb seems to be that brown is good. You may just be having cramps b/c your body is expelling the old blood.
Stacy (30), DH (30). TTC for 13 mos. BFP on IVF cycle 1! EDD 7/24/10. It's a BOY!

Alohaimee04 replied to PinkPanther444's response:
Thanks ladies. The cramps are gone now that I have been sitting down/laying down and drinking lots of water. The brown stuff is minimal now too. I guess laundry and dishes are to much right now?

I told DH I am staying put on the sofa with my water bottle and there is nothing he can do about it...

I'm going to ask for another scan on Tuesday and hope a doctor is free to accomodate me. I wish I could get one in radiology, but I think that might be pushing it. I will for sure be asking though.

This is so terrifying. I wish I coulid just have a worry free experience, but God won't give us things we can't handle right? I don't think I have ever prayed so hard in my life...
Aimee(23)DH(25) TTC1 since 2007. MC mother's day 2007 @ 5w4d, MMC 12/23/10 @10weeks, chemical 4/21/10 @ 4w1d. BFP 6/14/10 PLEASE STICK LO! EDD: 02/25/2011

michigan29 replied to Alohaimee04's response:
Glad to hear it's getting better, Aimee. And you keep taking care of yourself and LO... DH can handle dishes and laundry duty. I hope you get the scan on Tuesday!
Amy

no1phillygirl responded:
It is disgusting isn't it? I think I mentioned in a previous post that you had written, that I had coffee ground stuff coming out of me. It will pass. It's just the residual from your bleed. I hope that you will have an easy pregnancy from here on out.

Marla
Marla(41) DH(31) 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08; saw RE(stage 2 endo and I'M OLD)ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09; ivf2 2/10 BFP 4/10 d

booklvr04 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
Hi Aimee -

I agree with the other girls.. brown blood is old blood, and hopefully just risidual after your bleeding episode. I'm glad you are taking it easy and resting. (((HUGS)))
Emily(31); DH(31) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! EDD of Alexander Edward - 8/29/2010 God is Great! Next Appt: 6/24/10

Alohaimee04 replied to booklvr04's response:
Thanks ladies. Sorry if I am being so pesky and annoying. I am just scared to death and I have nobody else to talk to. :(

Things seem better today. I had another big gush this morning but it was mostly cm and dark brown blood and have only had a teeny bit of spotting when I've wiped since then.

If my clinic wont get me in for another scan tomorrow, i'm considering calling my insurance and finding out where else I can go.... I need to know the LO is ok... I don't think i'll make it to 8 weeks in once piece with all this going on. :(

booklvr04 replied to Alohaimee04's response:
Hi Aimee -

You aren't being annoying at all! That's what we are here for and we are all praying for you and your LO. Please keep us posted on how your appointment goes today... hopefully you will be able to get another u/s! Many prayers...
Emily(31); DH(31) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! EDD of Alexander Edward - 8/29/2010 God is Great! Next Appt: 6/24/10

PGinSJ replied to booklvr04's response:
Oh my goodness Aimee, if anyone doesn't understand your anxiety they are crazy, post away. I for one am very invested and want to hear every detail at this early stage for you.

I agree~it's old blood. And I too had a fair amount of cramping and round ligament pain from 3.5 weeks to about 7 weeks, but from me it felt different than the cramps for my previous two m/cs. It may just be your uterus expanding.

Glad to hear you are taking the bull by the horns too and getting what you need for reassurance. Let us know what happens. Maybe you could just go to the ED again??? Seems like that worked last time.
Christy (37) and DH (37). 2 m/cs and unexplained IF. BFP on 3rd IUI with injectibles. Our first, a baby boy! EDD 8/26/10. Next OB appt at 33 weeks 7/9.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (27) DH (27) Married in June 2006. We have 2 furbabies as seen in my pic. TTC since February 2008. DH's and my tests are all normal. 3 f...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.