Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story!!
booklvr04 posted:
Hi Girls!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate it!

Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/10 at 6:54pm. He weight 6lbs even and is 20 inches long. He is perfect in every way!!!

We started Cervidil at 6pm on Wednesday evening and had that for 12 hours. At 7am on Thursday morning I was given the pitocin. That was going well until about 9am when I started to get really bad contractions, but I wasn't really progressing. At noon I was only 3cm, but in a lot of pain, so I got the epidural and it was sweet relief! After that I felt really good. My doctor broke my water around 2pm and I was 4cm dialated. At 2:30 I was 6cm and at 4:30 I was 9.5cm! So I was really happy about that. The doctor wanted to start pushing around 5:20 to give him time to drop a little more. I pushed for a little over an hour and a half. Had a little scary moment when his heart rate kept dropping after each contractions, but it would always rebound. But there was still mention of a vacuum or a c-section. Here when he came out his cord was wrapped around his leg and his torso, so that was the problem. So all in all it went smoothly! Breastfeeding is going as well as can be expected!

I can't believe me little guy is here! He is so adorable and such a snuggle bug!!! We are very blessed!!!
Emily(31); DH(31) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle!  EDD of Alexander Edward - 8/29/2010
God is Great!  Next Appt: 8/31/2010
FirstPrevious12NextLast

JakeFan2 responded:
Congrats Emily! My DS had the same issue...must be a boy thing to just not have the cord wrapped around the neck, but the whole body!

Enjoy!!
Carolyn (41) DH (42) DS (4) FET from DE EDD 11/15/10

beccadita80 responded:
Oh Emily!! Congrats!!! So happy Alexander is finally here and doing well! I'm glad that everything went smoothly and hope it continues too for you all. Good luck and enjoy your little snuggle bug!
Becca (29)DH(30) TTC for 18 cycles 3rd IUI was the charm. PINK TEAM!!!! EDD 11/16 which is also my birthday!

SaraBella85 responded:
Lurking...

Congrats Emily! I'm so happy you got your miracle!

UGAmomof2 responded:
I just seen him on FB and he is such a cutie!!! Congrats to you and DH!!! Glad everything went good and that you both are doing well. Enjoy every minute....they grow so fast!! Tons of hugs and so glad that your blessing is here!! Life will forever be changed in the most WONDERFUL way!!!

cathyangel responded:
yeah Emily! I'm sooo happy for you and hubby!! I hope that you are recovering nicely - I can't wait to see pics! Congratulations my friend :)

cansim responded:
Awwww....congrats, Emily!!! And welcome to the world, Alexander! I bet you are so relieved he's finally here!

HUGS to you both!

ssebby responded:
Congratulations Emily!! Enjoy your sweet little boy!!
Sarah (30) DH (30) 4 failed IUI's. 1st IVF worked!! We are expecting a girl on 8/8/10!!!

cacahead27 responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Happy to hear that everything went smoothly with the induction. Alexander is finally here! So happy for you and DH.
- Sarah(27): PG with Twins (a boy

no1phillygirl responded:
lurking:

Congrats Emily! I'm glad that all went well and that Alexander has arrived healthy. Enjoy being a mom.
Marla(41) DH(31) 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 saw RE(stage 2 endo:I'M OLD) ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP d

CLKidd07 responded:
Yay Emily! So happy Alexander is here and everyone is doing well. Congratulations!!
Chelsie (25), DH (29), 3 furbabies. TTC since July 2008. Diagnosed with PCOS December 2009. 5 cycles 1 IUI = BFP on 6/17! We're having twins!

Erin_Y replied to CLKidd07's response:
Congrats Emily and Alexander! I couldn't wait to here your story and it finally is here. I am so happy for you!.. Take care.
Erin (28), DH (28), BFP after 2 years TTC, EDD - 05 Feb 2011!

jlbogue responded:
Emily I am so happy for you and DH. Babies are truly a gift from God. Blessings from above. Congrats!!!
Julie 34, DH 41, DS Easton 6, DD Alyssa born 4/21/10 with Hydrocephalus.

crescent0513 responded:
Congrats Emily, so glad all is well with you both!
Me(34) DH (35) 4 failed IUIs, first IVF Jan. 2010- twin boys EDD 10/20/10 - so thankful!

Alohaimee04 responded:
Yay! I am so glad he is here! Sorry I have taken so long to reply! I've been so busy with school.

I can't wait to see pictures of him! I am so glad things are going so well!!
Aimee(23)DH(25) TTC1 since 2007. MC mother's day 2007 @ 5w4d, MMC 12/23/10 @10weeks, chemical 4/21/10 @ 4w1d. BFP 6/14/10 PLEASE STICK LO! EDD: 02/21/2011 Everything is going great! Gender scan 9/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

We've been trying to conceive since late 2009. I'm now 37 and hubby is now 39. After 6 months, we both started getting tested and everything c...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.