Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rose
Sherri1976 posted:
This is the second time I've tried to post this, so sorry if it shows up twice.

Just wanted to check on you and see if you've had the baby yet. Please let us know how you're doing.
Sherri (34), DH (43) TTC 2006-2008 MFIF and endo, Chose adoption after IF treatments - Alexa was born 4-15-09.  Surprise BFP!  EDD 9-26-11 Pink team!

rosecam responded:
That keeps happening to me too! My posts don't show up for a long time, so I re-post just in case. Anyway, thank you for checking up on me!

The baby has *not* come yet. I'm 2 days past the due date now, and starting to get a bit impatient. I'm feeling pretty good, but I definetely have all of the unavoidable discomfort from being so huge and having the baby super low, and it being summer!

My mom, who lives nearby, keeps being shocked at the clothes I'm wearing, but I'm just so *hot* that I'm going to wear a fitted little tank-top with my loose flowy skirt, or short-shorts with my looser t-shirt, if that's what it takes to be comfortable!

Any tips for bringing on labor? The doctor stripped my membranes on Wed and I went for a 2.5 mile walk, and ate a spicy lunch, then Thurs I went for a 3.8 mile walk and ate a spicy lunch. I think the little guy is just too comfy inside! (Supposedly my cervix is ready to go - I'm 60-70% effaced and dialated 2 cm as of the Wed morning appointment, and baby is "right there" at 0 station.)

In the meantime I'm distracting myself with a little bit of work, an entertaining but no-thought-required book, hanging out with my in-laws who are staying with us, and hopefully getting my nails done today.

And FINALLY, I just have to share this one: Last night, DH, in-laws and I went to a restaurant. As she was seating us, the hostess asked "when are you due?" I said "Yesterday" and she said "Whoa! So your water could break all over our booth!" I swear I felt like sticking my toungue out at her! It was pretty funny. She went on to say something about how gigantic my tummy is, so I forgave her.
Rose (31) DH (32). TTC for over 2 years, 4 fresh IVFs plus 2 FETs. BFP 11/26/10. EDD 8/3/11.

KOOPERSMOM replied to rosecam's response:
SEX!!!!!!!!!!!! I was 2-3 cm dilated and my OB had stripped my membranes and DH and I had sex and I went into labor about 4 hours later!! We read online that you need to have an "O". Not sure why, but it worked. I remember waking DH up and telling him "the sex worked!"
Sarah(36) DH(36) IVF/ICSI 1 DS Kooper(3), IVF/ICSI 2 m/c at 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI 3 BFN, FET of 1 hatching blast EDD 11-20-11. Yellow team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Taryn (22). I met my DH (29) in 2006 and we were married 12/8/2007. I have PCOS and DH has MFIF issues. It took three rounds of IUI's a...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.