Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on me :)
gjbsgirl5705 posted:
So.. I haven't had time to post much but, wanted to give an update after my eventful day yesterday. I woke up bleeding... mostly spotting but it was red/pink. So, i called the mid-wife and she told me to head to the ER since it was Saturday. Well, everything looked good... my hcg was like 146,000, cervix was closed and the ER doc didn't see any sign of bleeding. Had a TV u/s and there was my sweet little baby.... 8 weeks exactly and a perfect heart rate of 162 bpm! So, i'm not sure my last u/s at 6 weeks said i was like a week and a half behind but, it was right on yesterday. I'm sooo happy. I was just told to take it easy and not lift over 15 pounds ---- easier said than done since my almost 4 year old is about 34 lbs. and the baby is abou20!! but, i'll do what i can... i was just so happy to see my little baby!
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Surprise BFP!! - due 10/26/12

beachmommy5406 responded:
Yay! Great News Amy. I'm glad everything worked out. What a great hb! Have you told anyone yet?
Maura (31) DH (32) Parents to one amazing 4 1/2 year old son and got our BFP on 10/10/10 (hpt) after our 2nd IVF cycle. U/S showed one healthy baby due on Father's Day. We're on the surprise team!

melikib responded:
Great news! I also had early bleeding, like around 6w, and it was bright red. Everthing turned out to be ok to our surprise. It sure does freak you out though!
Congratulations!
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11!

Kara1015 replied to melikib's response:
Hi Amy! Congrats on your new little peanut!! I am also expecting my 3rd, due in June but I wanted to tell you that I literally bleed my entire 1st trimester with this one, there is nothing scarier than seeing blood while your pregnant! thankfully so far everything is great now and I am 28 weeks.. Hopefully that was the last of your bleeding and you can start to enjoy your pregancy!
Kara(36), DH(35),dx w/stg 4 endo and MTHFR. DD-Kaelyn born 1/14/09 after our 4th IVF cycle. Suprise BFP- DS-Michael born 5/30/10. Due with 3 June 10, 2012.

gjbsgirl5705 replied to beachmommy5406's response:
maura - we've told some family and a few close friends but, we haven't really gone public yet. DH has a few family members that live out of town he needs to call before I can post on fb because i don't want them to find out on there. so.... i just got to get him on that which is easier said than done lol.
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Surprise BFP!! - due 10/26/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

Allison (30) DH (29) DS (12) DD (9) DS (8)... DH and I TTC "our first" for 18 months. 6 rounds of Clomid, 1 yr of Metformin. Got surprise BF...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.