Skip to content
Mixed emotions, induction etc
no1phillygirl posted:
Well I am now 38 wks and 3 days. I am in shock that I made it. I have been 1cm dilated for 3 wks now. 90 percent effaced. They scheduled me to be admitted on 4/2 and will be induced on 4/3. Tmi ahead. Last night I went to the bathroom and lost my mucous plug. It was so cool. I called de on call and they said can happen any day now.. Maybe I won't make it to induction. My last day of work was Friday so I have some time to rest and not stress about work before delivery.

I have been feeling sad about the pregnancy coming to an end. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that I'm going to have my baby girl, but really going to miss my pregnant body and feeling the baby move inside of me. After all of my losses I was so blessed to have been able to experience a full pregnancy. I am worried about feeling an emptiness even though I know that I am going to have this beautiful baby girl. I loved all of the positive attention that i have received instead of all of the grief and negativity that i have had for these past few years. Anyone else feeling this way?

I will update soon. Take care everyone and thank you again for your support.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

gjbsgirl5705 responded:
yay, marla! you're going to meet your baby soon! so exciting Losing your mucus plug is a good sign!! although, in my case it it didn't do anything. but, either way April 2 is right around the corner!! I understand about not being pregnant anymore. It's a weird feeling to lay in a hospital bed and think you feel baby move only to wake up and have baby right beside you
Congrats and hoping you have a fast easy labor! can't wait to read your birth story
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Surprise BFP!! - due 10/26/12

KOOPERSMOM responded:
Lurking...

Marla, what you're feeling is totally normal, but once that sweet little girl gets here you will get over it. Holding her in your arms and looking into her little eyes will feel so much better than you can even imagine! Plus, you'll probably find that you're happy to have your body back. I am so happy for you. You deserve the very best. I hope your labor and delivery go very smoothly and you and your baby are happy and healthy! Can't wait to hear your birth story.
Sarah(36) DH(36) IVF/ICSI 1 DS Kooper(3), IVF/ICSI 2 m/c at 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI 3 BFN, FET of 1 hatching blast EDD 11-20-11. Yellow team!

booklvr04 replied to KOOPERSMOM's response:
lurking...

Yay Marla! I am been stocking this page for updates from you! Just a week or so to go!! I lost my mucus plug about three weeks before I delivered... and I still had to be induced, but I hope it means good things for you!

I totally understand what you are saying about not being pregnant. I loved every second of pregnancy and there are days that I still miss it, but like Sarah said, holding your baby for the first time... we'll there's just nothing like it in the universe! You did it! So, so, so very happy for you!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

codysu responded:
Wow Marla, I am so excited for you to have made it this far! I can't believe your little girl will be here soon! I have been enjoying this pregnancy so much, but I think I understand how you are feeling. I just started really feeling her move around, and it is the best feeling to know she is in there and I am still pg. I hope that once you meet your little girl all of these feelings will pass and you will be filled with love for your beautiful daugher. Enjoy your time off of work, and I can't wait to hear your birth story!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are 32, and were trying to conceive for over 2 years with unexplained infertility. We did 4 fresh IVF cycles and 2 FETs, had lots of ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.