Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dizzy spell after GD test
rooni134 posted:
Hi ladies,

So i just got done with my GD test. the stuff was pretty nasty by tolerable. i got the one hour blood draw and then got some breakfast. Just as i was about to sit down to eat, i got extremely dizzy, faint, starting sweating profusely and almost blacked out. i was on the phone with my husband and he almost called security. In a couple of minutes it all went away and i slowly started getting back to normal. i ate my sandwich and now just feel a little nausea and a bit shaky.

i called the doctor's office. they said they would talk to the doctor and call me back. i am just so freaked out. i dont know what it means. it was a terrible terrible feeling and i havent felt anything like that so far. i probably have gestational diabetes which is such a bummer.

anyone else have that?

rooni134 responded:
nurse just called back. doctor said that it is very common to have that happen after taking glucola. it does not mean that i have GD (i probably do ) i was afraid that the dizzy spell might have hurt the baby, but they said the baby is fine. i just worry for the baby's safety. hopefully all is well

codysu replied to rooni134's response:
Wow, how scary! Glad that the baby is ok and that you are feeling better now.
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

kzim517 replied to rooni134's response:
(lurking)

Hi Rooni,

I'm not sure if you remember, but I had a lot of problems with dizziness and fainting during my pregnancy this last time around. It wasn't related to my glucose test but I had it pretty much all the time from 22 weeks on, fainted multiple times and dealt with it all the way through my delivery. I was reassured the whole time that the baby was ok, and I have a perfectly healthy baby boy now. I know it is so scary but trust that your body is doing what it's supposed to to keep the baby safe.

Take care
Kari (30), DH (32), DS (2) and foster son (1)... after multiple failed clomid cycles, our second IUI was a success in June 2011. We are excited to add to our beautiful family in March 2012.

rooni134 replied to kzim517's response:
Hi Kzim,

Thank you for letting me know! that makes me feel better I'll find out by tomorrow, but hopefully i dont have to drink another one of those things.

Hope you are doing well.

Rooni

rooni134 replied to codysu's response:
thankyou!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to rooni134's response:
I took my GD test yesterday and failed it. I had taken the 1 hour test before at like 15 weeks and passed. I failed by 15 points yesterday. I think it was the ice cream I ate on Sunday...

I had a sudden dizzy spell last night as I was reading from my laptop while sitting in my recliner. It was so bad, if I had been standing up, I would've hit the ground. I think it's common for us pregnant ladies to get dizzy.

I really hope you pass. The drink doesn't bother me, but for my 3 hour, I have to go spend FOREVER at a hospital lab on Monday while they draw blood every hour for 3 hours...

Jessi10909 responded:
I failed both of my GD tests miserably lol but I did experience crum-tastic side effects too Both times I had dizzieness, nausea, even fainting all day long after the test Eating right afterward helped a little, but you're not alone!

rooni134 replied to Jessi10909's response:
oo that doesnt sound very pleasant. i hope that doesnt mean i have. i guess i'll find out in a few hours. i cant believe they are making me wait 2 days!

rooni134 responded:
bleh...i failed the 1 hr test. apparently my levels were slightly elevated. the nurse told me they werent too concerned, but i do have to go in for a 3hr test.

I am so bummed. nurse said it doesnt mean that i have GD, but seeing as i have PCOS and was slightly insulin resistant i probably do have it....

i am just so afraid for me baby. i dont want the baby to have any problems. they said that they would monitor me closely if i do, so hopefully everything will be ok.

my mother had GD with my youngest sister. she wasnt a big baby, but she did have to stay in the hospital after she was born. i was young so i dont remember why, but i also dont know if my mom was taking care of her diet and all that stuff.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Taryn (22). I met my DH (29) in 2006 and we were married 12/8/2007. I have PCOS and DH has MFIF issues. It took three rounds of IUI's a...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.