Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 hr test
rooni134 posted:
Hi Ladies,

Today was the 3 hr test, and it was horrible. the glucola drink had 100g of sugar this time!!! i almost threw up right after having the first sip. the first hr was rough and it took all i had not to toss my cookies. it got better after the first hr and i didnt even have a dizzy spell like last time. i am pretty sure i failed, i mean if i couldnt pass with half that sugar, what are the chances that i would pass with twice the amount....

they said if i do have it, then i would have to take a class and they will teach me what and when to eat as well as how to monitor my blood sugar. ofcource my mind immediately goes to the worst possible scenario and i am already thinking big baby who will have hypoglycemia, jaundice and other problems including difficult delivery which will lead to a c-section and other problems for my baby!

but i also know that all that is only a problem if i dont watch my diet and manage my sugar. but its still such a bummer.

any ladies out there who are dealt with this?

deliela999 responded:
My sister had gestational diabetes. She did really well with it. Once she got the hang of the diet she said it was actually nice to know what to eat and found some meals that worked for her. The insulin was easy. They had a mandatory 12 hours in nicu and she ended up staying 3 days until her sugar was fully stable, but she was fine. She was small, was able to do a normal delivery, and once she left the hospital hasn't had any problems from it.

Good luck!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I took my 3 hour yesterday and it was horrible for me too. I spent the first hour trying not to throw up. My DH went with me to keep me company, though. As soon as we were done, he got me a pack of peanut m&ms. I started eating them in the car and I guess I was eating them fast because he looked over and said , "Damn!". LOL!

We ended up going to lunch and I started feeling better. I had started shaking from the fasting sugar drink. I really hope I pass this time. I read that only 15% of women who have to take the 3 hour test actually have gestational diabetes. I hope we both are in the 85%!!!

I should find out in a few days if I passed. Keep us posted on your test results.

rooni134 replied to deliela999's response:
thank you, that is good to know.

rooni134 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
me too! i will find out tomorrow. i hope we both pass

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 3.5 years of TTC w/a diagnosis of unexplained IF, dh & I have finally conceived with the help of IVF/ICSI and now we are thankfully expectin...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.