Skip to content
How is everyone?
nordygirl33 posted:
Hi ladies,

sorry I haven't been on in a while. Just checking in to see how everyone is.

I can't believe this Friday I will be 8 months. The time just flew by. I am expected to have my Csection mid May sometime, but will know the exact date first week of May.

I passed my second sugar test , so was very happy about that.

We have been running around spending lots of money for these babies. Gosh it is expensive, but Amazon has become our new best friend.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mosleyd36 responded:
I can't believe you are 8 months either! Wow! Congrats on holding those babies in!
Danielle (29) DH (31) TTC since July '08. Severe MFIF. IVF 1 9/10...BFN. IVF 2 8/11-BFP m/c @ 6 weeks. FET 1 12/11-BFP! EDD 9/1/12!

rooni134 responded:
congrats on passing that test! i'll find out tomm if i passed mine.

nordygirl33 replied to mosleyd36's response:
Thank you so much Danielle. How are you feeling?

nordygirl33 replied to rooni134's response:
I am sure you did:) It was nerve racking, but worked out. How are you feeling

rooni134 replied to nordygirl33's response:
I failed my 3 hr test by 2 points. i have an appt tomm to see what they want me to do. but i am just so depressed. i feel like i am hurting my baby....

nicram8683 responded:
I passed my 2nd 1 hour test by a little over 30 points. Surprisingly enough, I got my medical records copies so I can hand carry them to the next OB. So I was reading it, and my 1st 1 hour test at 14 weeks, I passed by less then 10 points. They never told me that I was that close. Glad this one was better.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

nordygirl33 replied to nicram8683's response:
so happy you passed:)

nordygirl33 replied to rooni134's response:
don't be depressed a few of my friends also didn't pass the 3 hr. They just had to watch certain foods they ate. all their babies are here and healthy

codysu responded:
Sorry I am so late in responding. I am a tax manager, so this has been a very busy month for me. I cannot believe you are in the 8th month already Nicole! You are getting so close! that is great that you passed the GD test...I have mine in 3 weeks, I really hope I pass mine too!

Rooni I hope that you are feeling better after your appt. How did it go?
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

rooni134 replied to codysu's response:
Thanks ladies.

I dont know...i've been really depressed about the diagnosis and i am not sure why. i know that its treatable and i know that as long as i watch my sugars, there is little risk to the baby. i have an appointment tomorrow with a dietitian who will teach me everything and i will check my blood 4 times a day. everything you read online however, just says how dangerous it is. i havent read anywhere that its controllable and that the danger only occurs when the numbers are high all the time. mine werent even that bad. my doctor didnt even take the time to tell me all this or comfort me.
a year ago i didnt think i would ever get pregnant. so i've come a long way. PCOS defined me in so many ways, and i thought that by getting pregnant i finally won. But with this diagnosis i know that it'll always be a part of me. i'll always have a higher risk of so many diseases, plus i can pass it on to my daughter which absolutely sucks because i do not want her to go through what i did. i just want to have a healthy baby. i dont want my child to suffer because my body cant do something its supposed to. i pray that my husband's genes are dominant because i feel like i have nothing to offer her except for this horrible disease.
hopefully i get a good dietitian who can look at my numbers and pinpoint exactly what i need to do. i also hope they give me a couple of weeks to adjust to the new diet instead of jumping the gun and putting me on insulin right away. i tend to over things and in the end it turns out ok. and i hope this is one of those things.
Thank you for asking though i am glad everyone is doing well.

nicram8683 replied to codysu's response:
hehe I was so busy as I do taxes as well. Thats why with the move and everything I told my boss that last Friday was my last day. He was pretty disappointed as he expected me to work thru yesterday, but I just couldnt do it. I guess they survived because I told them that if they were desperate, they could call me in. I never got a call

codysu replied to rooni134's response:
I think there are other ladies on here who have GD, and seem to manage it fine. So I think you will be ok. Hang in there though, sounds like your OB could have explained things a little bit better to you. Be sure to ask lots of questions when you meet with the dietician.

codysu replied to nicram8683's response:
That is nice that they didn't call you in. Are you all packed up and ready to go? I will miss you as my "neighbor" but am exciting for you to be moving to your new home soon!

nicram8683 replied to codysu's response:
I am as ready as I am going to be I guess. Just a nervous wreck & woke up with a cold, so I am not feeling well. I suppose once tomorrow is over I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief. I will miss Colorado soooo much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm new to this forum and actually my first time ever on any type of forum like this:-) I have 1 daughter who was born in 2007. We have been u...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.