Skip to content
Morning Sickness Help
deliela999 posted:
I've been feeling queasy for several days now pretty much all day, but this morning was the first time I vomited. I've been trying saltines, toast, ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger chews. Does anyone have any other suggestions? How do you get through a day at work? I'm only 6 weeks and the thought of how long this could last is really bugging me.

beckyatmoms responded:
I was sick up until 18-19 weeks. I kept losing weight but I have made up for it since I've been feeling better. From my experience there really wasn't anything I could do to make it any better except to make sure my stomach was never empty. Other than that I eventually got a prescription for phenergan. Initially I took zofran but that didn't help me at all, I kept vomiting.

Either way I know how you feel and how horrible it is. A lot of people get relief around 12 weeks or so. Good luck!
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (5) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

BridgetBurke responded:
I'm sorry to say that if you are one of the "lucky" ones to get ms there's really not too much you can do. I had ms this pg and it was awful! I lost 18 lbs!! Try to eat 2 saltines before bed and if you can 1 or 2 saltines in the morning before your feet even hit the floor. Sometimes this lessened the severity for me. Also, I agree with Becky. You need to snack throughout the day. If you let your stomach get empty you will get sick. I was sick until about 12 or 13 weeks, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck. Hopefully you won't have ms long.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 40 and DH is 42. We have a singleton due on 11/15/10. It was a DE FET cycle.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.