Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Morning Sickness Help
deliela999 posted:
I've been feeling queasy for several days now pretty much all day, but this morning was the first time I vomited. I've been trying saltines, toast, ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger chews. Does anyone have any other suggestions? How do you get through a day at work? I'm only 6 weeks and the thought of how long this could last is really bugging me.

beckyatmoms responded:
I was sick up until 18-19 weeks. I kept losing weight but I have made up for it since I've been feeling better. From my experience there really wasn't anything I could do to make it any better except to make sure my stomach was never empty. Other than that I eventually got a prescription for phenergan. Initially I took zofran but that didn't help me at all, I kept vomiting.

Either way I know how you feel and how horrible it is. A lot of people get relief around 12 weeks or so. Good luck!
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (5) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

BridgetBurke responded:
I'm sorry to say that if you are one of the "lucky" ones to get ms there's really not too much you can do. I had ms this pg and it was awful! I lost 18 lbs!! Try to eat 2 saltines before bed and if you can 1 or 2 saltines in the morning before your feet even hit the floor. Sometimes this lessened the severity for me. Also, I agree with Becky. You need to snack throughout the day. If you let your stomach get empty you will get sick. I was sick until about 12 or 13 weeks, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck. Hopefully you won't have ms long.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jen. I have a beautiful 9 year old DD from a previous marriage, and have been married to the true love of my life since Oct 08. DH and I tr...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.