Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Partial Previa/Low lying placenta
jdfan14 posted:
Hi-Anyone have experience w/Partial Previa/Low lying placenta? Are they one in the same? I had bleedig a week ago went to ER and that is what they found. They called it both partial previa or low lying. No bleeding since just a little brown spots from time to time my doctor thought ok b/c could be old blood. I just started having a bit more of the brownish and awaiting call from doctor if to be concered since amt increased a bit. Either way anyone have any experience or info?

Thanks in advance!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

mosleyd36 responded:
I have a complete previa which means my placenta completely cover the cervical opening. Partial and low-lying are different. Partial is when it partially covers the cervical opening and low-lying is when it is very near the opening. I wouldn't worry about the labeling. They are pretty sure mine will move and yours will probably will too if it is just low-lying or partial. Good luck!
Danielle (29) DH (31) TTC since July '08. Severe MFIF. IVF 1 9/10...BFN. IVF 2 8/11-BFP m/c @ 6 weeks. FET 1 12/11-BFP! EDD 9/1/12!

melikib replied to mosleyd36's response:
I've had a low lying placenta the entire time. My last US at 27w it was still low and Dr was concerned. I guess it still has time to move but my Dr has talked about a C-section being a good possibility since there are so many blood vessels that could potentially rupture if I have a hard and long labor. My next US is Monday at 30w so we'll see. I've read it's very common with IVF pregnancies for some reason.
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

jdfan14 replied to melikib's response:
Hi-Thanks ladies for the replies and info. I have heard it is common in pregnancies and more in multiples such as in our case. Doctor did say may move to proper place in next 8 weeks so hope it does. No complications yet from it just needed any info I could find Hope you all doing well!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been TTC'ing since 2008. We stopped actively TTC'ing in mid-2009 after it was determined that it was unexplained IF so we figure...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.