Skip to content
Partial Previa/Low lying placenta
jdfan14 posted:
Hi-Anyone have experience w/Partial Previa/Low lying placenta? Are they one in the same? I had bleedig a week ago went to ER and that is what they found. They called it both partial previa or low lying. No bleeding since just a little brown spots from time to time my doctor thought ok b/c could be old blood. I just started having a bit more of the brownish and awaiting call from doctor if to be concered since amt increased a bit. Either way anyone have any experience or info?

Thanks in advance!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

mosleyd36 responded:
I have a complete previa which means my placenta completely cover the cervical opening. Partial and low-lying are different. Partial is when it partially covers the cervical opening and low-lying is when it is very near the opening. I wouldn't worry about the labeling. They are pretty sure mine will move and yours will probably will too if it is just low-lying or partial. Good luck!
Danielle (29) DH (31) TTC since July '08. Severe MFIF. IVF 1 9/10...BFN. IVF 2 8/11-BFP m/c @ 6 weeks. FET 1 12/11-BFP! EDD 9/1/12!

melikib replied to mosleyd36's response:
I've had a low lying placenta the entire time. My last US at 27w it was still low and Dr was concerned. I guess it still has time to move but my Dr has talked about a C-section being a good possibility since there are so many blood vessels that could potentially rupture if I have a hard and long labor. My next US is Monday at 30w so we'll see. I've read it's very common with IVF pregnancies for some reason.
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

jdfan14 replied to melikib's response:
Hi-Thanks ladies for the replies and info. I have heard it is common in pregnancies and more in multiples such as in our case. Doctor did say may move to proper place in next 8 weeks so hope it does. No complications yet from it just needed any info I could find Hope you all doing well!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Unexplained infertility TTC for 3 years Cyst on r Fallopian tube removed, the the BFP started rolling in! IUI# 5 BFP m/c 8-9 weeks IUI 7 BFP due A...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!