Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ultrasound
deliela999 posted:
I had my first ultrasound today at 7 weeks 2 days. I conceived 2, but one appears to be a blighted ovum. The viable one had a heartbeat and measured 7 weeks! I call in the morning to schedule another ultrasound in 2 weeks, then he'll release me back to my OBGYN. I knew I saw 2 on the screen when the doctor asked how many we wanted. I told him we were thinking one. Twins actually terrifies me. I'm not upset about the blighted ovum. Is that strange? Most of the women in my family have had a blighted ovum miscarriage and as my sister pointed out I get mine out of the way while still having one baby. The doctor said the fact that I conceived 2 explains my high betas and the morning (and noon and night) sickness. He also prescribed zofran to try since phenergen wasn't helping. I'm happy and in shock this is going well.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I had to take Zofran all the way up to week 26 or so. I'm sorry to hear about your blighted ovum, but I'm glad that you are ok with it.

deliela999 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks! We're so excited! We started telling family and they are all excited. I snuck into my Dad's house yesterday and hung the ultrasound picture next to the picture of my niece and put an arrow pointing to the baby that said Grandbaby #2 due 12-10-12. I guess I'm going to have to call this morning and draw his attention to it because he never called! I also cashed in our Discover points for Motherhood Maternity gift cards. They have an outlet near us and I'll need to have pants hemmed so I figured I'd better get started so I have them when I need them. It's really real now!! Only the ladies on this board and truly understand how this feels. The zofran isn't helping much either and I'm still vomiting a few times a day and struggling to eat, but I'm just fighting through it.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to deliela999's response:
I love Motherhood Maternity! I just started wearing maternity clothes a few weeks ago because it took so long for my baby bump to grow.

Which Zofran are you taking? I started on the 4mg pills but had to change to the 8mg dissolving tablets.

deliela999 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I'm looking forward to wearing maternity clothes and enjoying every minute of it. We've worked hard to get here and this very well may be an only child. My sister stuffed herself into normal clothes until I bought her some maternity pants and she realized they were way more comfortable. My sister bought me a few things at goodwill and my hubby was offended. He wants to take me shopping, so I told him as soon as the gift cards arrive we'll go. Sweet but strange.
I'm taking 4mg pills right now. They help some, but not great. The phenergen wasn't great and left me groggy all day. I guess I'll call the nurses again tomorrow and see what they think.

beckyatmoms replied to deliela999's response:
For me the Zofran didn't work at all. I was taking 8mg and still puked all the time. I had to switch to phenergan which does make me very groggy but it does keep me from throwing up. I only take it occasionally now. Hopefully you will find something that will work for you.

I started wearing maternity clothes at like 8 or 9 weeks! I probably could have stuffed myself into my regular clothes but I was already feeling soooo terrible I didn't need to feel uncomfortable on top of it.

Try to enjoy everything you can, you are right, you have earned it
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (5) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

deliela999 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
They called in 8mg zofran and reglan. The world was conspiring against me to get these stinking meds today! The nurse was way later than she said she'd be calling back, the pharmacy by work didn't have them. I had that pharmacy send it to the one near my house, then the insurance company's satellite crashed. I had to pay cash to get them and can go back tomorrow to straighten it out. I hit a point of just give me my stupid meds, I don't care what it takes! Hopefully this helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married for 6 years. We decided to start to try for our first baby after about 6 months marriage (I always had this suspicion that ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.