Skip to content
Hello Everyone
KL0124 posted:
My name is Kris and I am 4w4d pg after our first IVF. It's so exciting to be able to join you all on this board. It's a little early, but after 2 healthy betas (150 & 551) I'm throwing caution to the wind and getting very excited DH and I have been ttc for 8.5 years with a DD (4) and 7 angels (all early). I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you during this time.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Welcome to PAIF!!!

When is your first ultrasound scheduled?

beckyatmoms responded:
Wonderful news and betas! There may be more than 1 in there Welcome!
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (5) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

rooni134 responded:
congratulations!!! i will be more than happy to add you!!!

KL0124 replied to rooni134's response:
Thank you all for welcoming me. Frenchbulldogmom-I remember following your IVF process and BFP on the ttc boards. It gave me hope that 1 round of IVF could be enough. The u/s is scheduled for 5/16 and I can hardly wait.

Becky-congratulations on your babies. We transferred 3, so anything is possible at this point. If you don't mind me asking, what were your betas?

Rooni-thank you for adding me to the list.

melikib replied to KL0124's response:
Congrats on such great betas! Welcome to the paif!
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to KL0124's response:
PAIF is my favorite pregnancy board.

I wish I had written down my betas. Mine were high, but not high enough that the RE's office was convinced we were having twins. It was a really big shock when we found out we were. Your betas are pretty high!!! We transferred 3, also.

KL0124 replied to melikib's response:
Thank you!

beckyatmoms replied to KL0124's response:
I believe my first beta was 285 then it shot up from there to 800ish for the second. I know it is still hard to determine based on betas. Mine actually started out as 3 (YIKES) but one stopped developing but I'm sure that contributed to my high betas at first.

I am looking forward to your US to see how many you have in there! I think I was about 5 weeks when I had my first US.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (5) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN

KL0124 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks for reassuring me my betas are good. I keep looking at too many things and start thinking they might not be very good and and and. It's hard to let go and stop over analyzing everything.

KL0124 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Wow! Your betas were high. Im sorry you lost the third. How early did you lose the third? How early we're you able to see heartbeats? What days were your betas? Waiting until Wednesday is worse than the 2ww.

beckyatmoms replied to KL0124's response:
I just looked up my betas - 1st - 285, 2nd - 813, 3rd - 2474. My first beta was 11 days past a 3 day transfer then the others were 3 days after the others. I'm not sure when I lost the 3rd because I didn't even know about it until about 12 weeks when we went for the NT scan. Until that point my RE never said anything about it and I never noticed it on the US. As soon as they started the NT scan I saw the 3rd sac right away and could see something in there but it was obvious it had stopped growing a while ago.

To be honest, I wasn't upset about the 3rd. 2 is going to be challenging enough! I believe we heard heartbeats around 6-7 weeks? It was pretty early.

Good luck on Wednesday and update when you can.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN

westsidebee responded:
Welcome Kris! I can't wait to hear the results of your upcoming u/s. The wait is so hard!

KL0124 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Thank you for all the info. It's nice to hear from a real person instead of reading all the clinical statistics. Two will be a challenge, but completely worth it. Tomorrow's my big day and we will see how things go.

KL0124 replied to westsidebee's response:
Thanks westsidebee!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I just started TTC, post vasectomy-reversal surgery. DH's vasectomy was done 9 yrs ago; reversed (Aug 2010). I've been using a ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.