Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
D/A Update
nicram8683 posted:
So I got to meet my new OB today. And he is really nice. I am glad I like him. I am 33w1d today and I had a good appt. He did check my cervix and said it was getting pretty thin already. I explained to him that the movements were starting to become painful, as if baby was running out of room. He told me that if I have 6 or more contractions (even BH) in 1 hour, then I need to go to the hospital. He said that the contractions dont even have to be painful. Is this what anyone else has heard?
I am scheduled for one last ultrasound next week Tuesday, and then another OB appt in 2 weeks where I will get my Group B test. After that I begin weekly appts. The OB says my uterus is already measuring at 35 wks, and since I had my daughter just before 37 wks that I have a higher chance of delivering early. So to be ready! And I am so ready, I can tell that he is ready too, I cant imagine that he has to grow more!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

KL0124 responded:
Happy to hear you like your new OB. It makes a world of difference to know you are in good hands. I was told the same thing about 6 contractions in an hr with DD, but I hit preterm labor at 21 weeks with her. The funny thing is I had to be induced at 39 weeks after all of that. Hope everything goes well at your u/s next week and you enjoy your last few weeks of being pg.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Tolu. I'm 30 and my husband is 35. We have been married for almost 7 years. We started trying to conceive in January of 2007. We sa...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.