Skip to content
Update on Me -- gender scan & surgery (long)
gjbsgirl5705 posted:
So on Monday the 7th we went for a gender scan knowing it was still early to find out. I was 15w3d at the time. The tech had a hard time getting the baby to uncross his/her legs and got very few shots where she felt comfortable calling it either way but, she did say she was give us an 85% that it was a girl... so, i'm hoping she right but, not buying any pink yet
On Tuesday was my surgery. I had to be there 2 hours before my procedure and ended up waiting about 3 hours before going back. They listened to the baby's hb before the surgery which was nice to hear and then took me in. My OB ended up having to take my left ovary and fallopian tube because the cyst was so large. When I woke up there was a nurse from L&D there to listen for the baby's hb again and even though I was out of it i heard that wonderful sound and was very relieved.
I'm still in some pain and trying to just rest which is easier said than done with a 4 year old and 1 year old needing attention. anyway, just wanted to post an update on me and baby
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Surprise BFP!! - due 10/26/12

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm glad your surgery went well. I hope you have some help with the kids so you can rest and get better.

nicram8683 responded:
Glad to hear that your surgery went so well and that the baby is doing great! fyi: at just over 15 wks I had a scan done (because of an er visit) and the ER tech said he was sure it was a girl. However, I am having a boy, for sure I hope you get your little girl though!!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

no1phillygirl responded:
I am so glad all went well with the surgery and this is behind you. A girl would be nice!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

KL0124 responded:
Happy to hear that everything went well and you got an idea that the baby might be a girl. Good luck resting.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have a DS (Kooper, 3 years old) from IVF/ICSI #1. IVF/ICSI #2 BFP with m/c @ 9.5 weeks, IVF/ICSI #3 BFN, FET 1 hatching blast BFP

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.