Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Westsidebee -- 8w3d u/s
westsidebee posted:
Ultrasound went well today! Baby measured 8w3d, and the heartbeat was 173 bpm. We could see tiny arm and leg buds (not moving yet, they were so small), and an umbilical cord.

Also, last week at my u/s, there was some extra blood in my uterus, and that seems to have resolved itself and gone away. Whew! Everything looked good.

I go back one week from today for my last appt with my RE (hopefully, fingers crossed), before going over to my ob/gyn. I wonder did everyone else switch over at about 9w?

deliela999 responded:
That's great! My RE released me at 8w3d. My OBGYN moved offices the next week (last week) and his nurse didn't want to drag me into that wreck so my appointment with her is tomorrow at 10 weeks and I'll probably see him next week.

melikib responded:
Yay congrats! We moved to our OB at about 8w 2d...a little earlier than what they normally do but that's just where my appt fell. It was such a great day. Happy to hear you had a great appt today!
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I switched over from my RE to OB and high-risk OB around 8 or 9 weeks. I had a blood clot around that time that resolved itself a few weeks later. I'm glad the extra blood you had is gone now. 173 is a nice, healthy heartbeat. My twins' heartbeats were in the 180s and 190s until I hit the 2nd trimester.

booklvr04 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Sounds like a great appointment! So excited for you! I have my first OB appointment right at 10 weeks, so I think you are right on track! Take care!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

KL0124 responded:
What a great appointment and healthy heartbeat! Glad the extra blood resolved.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I just started TTC, post vasectomy-reversal surgery. DH's vasectomy was done 9 yrs ago; reversed (Aug 2010). I've been using a ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.