Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OMG blood work!
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
I went in for my weekly appointment with my regular OB today and I've gained 11 lbs in 9 days! It has to be all or mostly fluid, because my feet, ankles, and hands are extremely swollen. My doctor sent me upstairs to Labor and Delivery for some blood work and they made me check in!!! I only had to stay for like 3 hours, but it was hard. I had a non-stress test on both of the babies and they're fine. I was pretty uncomfortable in the hospital bed and my butt kept falling asleep.

After my lab work came back ok, my doctor decided to send me home with two jugs so I can collect my urine for 24 hours! He thinks I might have about 2 weeks left before they have to take the babies. The most likely scenario is that I'll come in one day for a checkup and either my blood pressure will be elevated, or the high-risk OB will find that one or both of my babies is low on fluid.

Luckily, my husband was able to be there with me. He even got to take a nap while we were waiting for the lab to process my results. Now I have to decide if I want to have the babies at that hospital, or the bigger one, across town. I'm ready to have these babies because my thumbs are hurting really bad and I can't sleep that much at night.

deliela999 responded:
Wow, what an eventful day! I'm glad everything is ok and your misery will end soon. It's exciting you'll see your babies in about 2 weeks! I did a baseline 24 hour urine collection this weekend. It was a bit of a pain, but not too bad. I kept it in a cooler of ice in the bathroom at my sister's suggestion. I did have an eventful time delivering it to the lab because the outpatient part of the lab was closed. I ended up taking it to labor and delivery, which took longer but it all worked out.

beckyatmoms responded:
Wow what a pain! How many weeks are you again? I'm glad everything checked out okay but I do feel your pain. I am only 28 weeks and I am more than ready for this to be OVER!!!
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to deliela999's response:
Yeah I have to go to the ER and they'll show me where the lab is. I'm glad that I didn't have to go anywhere today so that I could collect the samples at home!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to beckyatmoms's response:
I'm 33 weeks. My doctor called in two prescriptions for sleep and pain. I'm really glad he did because when I try to sleep in the bed, I feel like I'm smothering.

KL0124 responded:
How stressful! Happy to hear the babies are still doing well. It's good that you got the prescriptions called in for you. Not sleeping and pain only make everything harder. Hope your collection is going well.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to KL0124's response:
I hope I never have to do a collection again, LOL!!!

I'm feeling better now that the pain medicine is helping my thumb pain. I just wish that my ankles would go down. I want to wait to have these babies until my husband gets done working out of town next week.

beckyatmoms replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Yeah, I am having a really hard time sleeping now as well. And I'm only 28 weeks so I know it's only going to get worse from here
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

Spotlight: Member Stories

We've been trying to conceive since late 2009. I'm now 37 and hubby is now 39. After 6 months, we both started getting tested and everything c...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.