Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Admitted to the hospital again!
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
My BP at the high-risk OB today was 174/87! My regular OB admitted me on the spot. They gave me a steroid shot at 3 pm and I get 1 more at 3 tomorrow. I'm being observed tonight and if everything is ok, I might be able to go home tomorrow. My night nurse is the bomb! She snuck me a sandwich!

BridgetBurke responded:
Hope all goes well. Sorry you have to sleep in a hospital bed, but yeah for food! (even hospital food. LOL.) KUP.

deliela999 responded:
I hope everything settles down for you!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
The doctor on call is the one from my OB group who saw me yesterday. He is on a 48 hour rotation! Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but he wants to keep me here on bed rest. I hope I can convince him that I'm well enough to go home today!

Also, he ordered a gestational diabetes diet for me! I don't have GD! I guess that he figures that it won't hurt me... I can't wait to get out of here and go eat some buffalo wings. This hospital food is for the birds!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I got to go home today! Bad news is, if my blood pressure spikes again, my doctors will admit me to the hospital again but this time until I have the babies. That's like 1-2 weeks at least!

I really hope that I don't have to go back until the c-section. On the positive side, the hospital I chose is really nice. The nurses are just awesome!

BP just a few minutes ago: 127/82

KL0124 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
It's good that you get to go ome. Praying your bp stays down until its time or the babies. Are you on dietary restrictions? Knowing you are going to be delivering at a good hospital has got to be a relief. KUP

FrenchBulldogMom replied to KL0124's response:
My doctor told me to pretty much eat what I wanted, but restrict my sodium. He said that I was able to get up and walk around my house, but not to do any heavy duty housework or do lots of errands/shopping, etc.

I did get out of the house twice today. My husband took me out for lunch and I got a grilled chicken sandwich. Then, my Mom took me to the grocery store on the condition that I drove the mart cart. I hate the cart! I can't reach anything in the store, LOL!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are 32, and were trying to conceive for over 2 years with unexplained infertility. We did 4 fresh IVF cycles and 2 FETs, had lots of ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful