Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update finally! How is everyone doing here??
BabyParks posted:
Hello all!! I will be 33 weeks tuesday and am now doing appointments bi-weekly. I have an appointment June 11th and June 27th for an ultrasound to check size and dates again. We want to make sure he is growing on track and not an IUGR baby like parker was. All seems to be good there. I am having contractions and had to go to L&D last night and they ended up being 4 min apart lasting 1 min and they gave me terbutaline to stop them. Had to have 2 shots of it to get them to stop so I am praying he will wait a few more weeks before he comes. She said they probably were real contractions and not braxton hicks because they were so regular. They weren't strong tho thankfully and I did not dilate. I am calling my OB tomorrow to see what she wants to do and if she wants me to come in sooner. Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry i haven't posted lately we have had lots of stuff going on lately with my son and it's been hard to get time on here anymore. I will try to do better as I always remember you guys in my prayers. Take care. Courtney

Lopersgrl responded:
Hey there. I also have not been on in a while but congrats on getting very close to your due date. I bet you are so excited to meet the lil one. Hopefully the baby will hold out but they have a mind of their own

I am currently 21 weeks with my sweet baby boy. Dh got to feel him kick about 2 weeks ago. I am loving getting to feel my little one almost every day. Sometimes he kicks so strong it startles me.
Me(23) DH (24) TTC 5 years w/1 M/C after 2 years. 3 rounds of clomid and a BFP on my own on 2/2/12. Due in October.

BabyParks replied to Lopersgrl's response:
Yay so excited for you. I know this is a dream come true for you guys. I have been praying for you all. Hope you are doing great??? I am 36 weeks and hanging in there barefly. I am miserable this pregnancy but I shouldn't complain it could be much worse. Hoping he comes about 37 or 38 weeks instead of my section at 39 weeks. We shall see His name will be Emerson Noah!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to BabyParks's response:
I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. I'm right there with you in that department. A lot of people keep saying that once I meet my babies, I'll forget all about the pain and want another one. Ummm. NO!!! I think that refers to the way that lots of women forget the pain of a vaginal birth. I am never going to forget IVF high bp being hospitalized for weeks!!!

Emerson Noah is such a cool name. I know you're dying to meet him!

BabyParks replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks so much for replying. How are you doing/feeling? I am ready to meet him but can wait 2 more weeks I guess. He is coming July 17th like it or not Having a c-section there is pain but I did forget how bad it was but mine wasn't that bad really but this pregnancy has been much different as I am sure my recovery will be also.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to BabyParks's response:
I had my c-section on June 27th. Both of my babies were in the NICU so 5 hours after my surgery, I got out of bed and got into a wheelchair to go see them. I've never had such intense pain before, but I was determined to see my babies. I got to hold Erin later that night, but it was a few days before they let me hold James. They discharged Erin with me on Saturday and James got to come home on Monday.

I'm starting to get over the pain, but the sleep deprivation is pretty brutal. My husband is a store manager and works 60 hours a week. I don't get him up in the middle of the night to help with the babies because he has to get up so early and work such long hours. My mom's been coming over every day and I've been napping some, but it's not nearly enough.

My babies seem to have their days and nights mixed up. It's 2:30 am and they've been awake since 12:45. They pretty much sleep all day. It would seem that I could get rest then, but one or both of them is always waking up hungry or with a dirty diaper. I'm also struggling with breast feeding. I was looking forward to it, but I'm finding that I really hate it.

I really hope that you make it to your scheduled c-section. I hated leaving my baby in the NICU.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Tolu. I'm 30 and my husband is 35. We have been married for almost 7 years. We started trying to conceive in January of 2007. We sa...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.