Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
livelaughmoe...
Susan1777 posted:
Sending (((hugs))) to you. Still hoping everything went well w/ your u/s, but sending prayers for you either way and want you to know that you were thought of.
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

no1phillygirl responded:
I second that!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

livelaughmoe responded:
Thank you for your thoughts. I truly felt the support and the kindness from this board. I've been praying for the strength and courage to write this post.

Unfortunately, this past week we suffered a miscarriage. I had always thought that enduring infertility treatments was the worst it could ever get, but finding out that the little heartbeat had faded and the physical pain of a natural miscarriage topped all of that infertility pain. My emotions are frazzled and our hearts are broken. I am experiencing, one, by one all of the stages of grief. I can honestly say I've never felt like this before, it's so shameful and emotionally draining. I'm angry and have lost compassion for others, which is out of character for me. With that being said, each day gets brighter, and more hopeful. Luckily, we hadn't told anyone, but I'm not sure what's worse, telling everyone what your going through, or going through it in the dark. Wiping your tears before walking in the office in the morning and frequent fake smiles?

I'm open to answering any questions people have about natural miscarriage, as I could not find a lot of information about it, it was pretty traumatic for me, and wished I could have know what to expect.

This too shall pass, and I hope to be add my name again to the list, but for now, cheers, I'm going to enjoy a glass of Cabernet.

-Cassy
Unexplained infertility
TTC for 3 years
IUI 5 BFP
Due January 9th, 2013

deliela999 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Oh Cassy, I'm so sorry!

KL0124 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Cassy, My heart goes out to you. Losing a child is such a painful experience. I've been praying for you. There's no good way to go through it whether others know or you are suffering in the dark. I've done it both ways and nothing really helps. It sounds like you are reaching a better place emotionally. Good luck as you continue your journey as you are ready. Looking forward to you joining this board. -Kris

melikib replied to KL0124's response:
I'm really sorry to hear this. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I have also suffered a miscarriage and the pain and grief was overwhelming. I felt utterly hopeless for a long time. It did get better as the weeks and months passed, but I still think about my babies and what went wrong. I hope over time you can heal and find peace. I look forward to seeing your name again on this board.

Mindi
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

rooni134 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Cassy,

I am so so sorry for your loss. I cant even imagine the grief you must be going through...sometimes i think about how unfair life is....

Please dont go through this in the dark...you will be surprised to see how compassionate people can be and how much it helps to talk about it.

We are all here for you and you are in my prayers.

rooni

FrenchBulldogMom replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this. You will be in my prayers!

codysu replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I am so very sorry that you are going through this. We had a m/c after our first IVF, and it was truly heartbreaking. We had a lot of people who knew about our IVF, and I did feel it was hard to have to un-tell people who we had told about the pregnancy. At work, nobody knew but my boss. Eventually I did tell a few people, and it is nice to have that support when you are ready to talk about it. But initially I did not want to talk about it with anybody, and it was a long time before I felt like sharing that information. The interesting thing is that when you start feeling up to confiding in friends, you might discover than some of them have also experienced a miscarriage, and that is comforting to know that you are not alone. I felt it easiest to talk about it to other women who had also gone through a miscarriage.

I am sending you a big virtual hug and know that I am thinking of you and hoping that your pain and grief will pass with time. Take good care of yourself, and give yourself time to grieve. I hope you will be back on the list very soon.
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Unexplained infertility TTC for 3 years Cyst on r Fallopian tube removed, the the BFP started rolling in! IUI# 5 BFP m/c 8-9 weeks IUI 7 BFP due A...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.