Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low sodium diet
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
Well, after spending a good part of last week in the hospital for observation of my high-blood pressure, I'm now on a low-sodium diet.
The good news is that I don't have any protein in my urine.

It's been really hard to find things that I can eat in a restaurant. I had no idea that my favorite appetizer at one place has almost 3k sodium and the ribs have 7500 grams!!! I'm only allowed 2k grams per day.

So far, I have been eating fresh fruits and veggies, a few sodas, juice, meat with salt substitute, and peanut M&Ms. I'm supposed to be on bed rest, but one of my doctors told me that walking around a little bit will help my circulation. I think it will be safe for my Mom to take me to Trader Joe's to look for low-sodium foods. Wish me luck!

Anybody else been put on low-sodium? I'm 35 weeks on Tuesday and they're trying to get me to 36 or 37 before we do the c-section.

KL0124 responded:
Good luck with low sodium. It's hard to find in restaurants and processed foods. For home cooking try Mrs. dash for flavor and try to stick with putting your own foods together. Tough when you aren't up for too much up and about. Hooray for making it to 35 weeks and getting to meet your babies soon.

deliela999 responded:
Good luck with the low sodium. I think Trader Joe's has a list on their website with all their low sodium foods to help you shop. My grandpa was on a very restricted low sodium diet for a while and I bought him a bunch of stuff there. It's exciting you are so close to having your babies!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to deliela999's response:
Ty guys! I went to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods today and found some good stuff. The most important thing I found was sodium-free baking powder. Now I can make pancakes. Also, I got some no salt added tomato sauce for my pasta.

I can't wait to meet my babies. I haven't been able to sleep in my bed for weeks and my recliner is getting almost as uncomfortable. I pray for labor every day, LOL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 3.5 years of TTC w/a diagnosis of unexplained IF, dh & I have finally conceived with the help of IVF/ICSI and now we are thankfully expectin...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.