Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on me
rooni134 posted:
Hi Ladies,

Just a little update on me. Had a Obgyn appt for 38w2days. Dr. checked my cervix and said that even though its soft, there is no dilation. Baby is not engaged. I am disappointed. I was hoping that i was making some progress. They will check me again next week. No clear plans right now, but my doctor doesnt induce before 39 weeks. baby weighs approx 6lb2oz, so i dont think they will be in a hurry to get her out either.
we bought a house and our moving date is 19th, so maybe she is waiting until we get settled in I have a feeling i am going to have a "Jessica Simpson" pregnancy. Doctor did say that since i am really petite, they dont want the baby to get too big. I will probably know more next week.
I hope everyone else is doing well. you ladies are always in my prayers.
rooni

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I hope your baby comes soon. My babies are 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 lobs each so I'm right there with you worrying that mine will get too big before they take them. I'm hitting 35 weeks tomorrow so my doctors are trying to get me to at least 36-37 weeks.

Waiting for the last few weeks to be over is the worst!

nicram8683 responded:
I could not believe that Trevor was 8lb2oz at 37w2d. Thank goodness he came when he did. If he stayed in there he would have been ginormous!! lol.

I hope your little girl makes a timely arrival!! Cant wait to hear your birth story.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

booklvr04 replied to nicram8683's response:
Hi Rooni -

I just wanted to let you know not to get too focused on the weight your doctor gave you, b/c it can be really off... I was sent to the hospital to be induced at 40w2d and They estimated my son to weigh approximately 7lbs even. He was born at 5lbs15oz. I know the weight can go in either direction, and hopefully you won't have much longer to wait! Can't wait to hear!!
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

rooni134 responded:
Thank you ladies.

Just starting to freak out (i do that a lot, if you cant tell ). Having PCOS, i just have no faith in my body. What if i just dont produce the necessary hormones for the process to start? what if i have complications? what if the baby gets harmed...?

Every class i take or article i read says "mother nature will takes its course" or "your body will know what to do". well my body should know to have a regular period or not have body and facial hair. None of that happened....

I hope all goes well. i'll know more next monday i guess. \

ty for listening

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC since 05. I have had some health issues, since my accident. In September '05, I donated blood. After the donation, ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful