Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trevor's official birth story
nicram8683 posted:
Trevor was discharged from the NICU and we are now home as a complete family. So I thought I would share my birth story now.

I had a 4pm appointment on Tuesday the 5th and was told I was about 3 cm dialated and 75% effaced. I came home did some housework and just relaxed. My husband went to bed and I stayed up, having trouble falling asleep. I finally went to bed around midnight. At 2:30a I woke up having a contraction and had to use the bathroom. I laid in bed and could not fall back to sleep. At around 3:20a I was laying on my right side and my belly made this weird sound like a rubber band snapped. I instantly knew my water had broken. But it didnt gush out, it was a slow trickle. I got up and called the Dr who said to go to the hospital. I woke up DH & DD. Had to get a few more things together and we left the house around 3:45a. I was having no contractions up til that point.

In the short car ride I had 2 contractions. I arrived and was told I was 4-5cm with contractions 2 mins apart and asked if I wanted the epidural. I did and the Dr. came in right away with it. We had arranged for my DD to be somewhere from 8-12 (a summer camp) and my DH had to take her. So at 7a the nurse said I was 8 and moving quickly. Told DH to high tail it outta there and get right back. He came back at 7:45 and they had me ready to push. I pushed through 5 contractions only and he was out. I did tear pretty bad and had to get several stitches. Also, my regular OB was on vacation so I had the on call Dr who was very impersonal and I didnt like her. Luckily my nurse was amazing (and employee of the year) so she helped me through it.

I can not believe that with both my children I have had such an easy labor. I mean to go from no contractions to delivery in a matter of hours is great. Even though Trevor gave me a lot of stress in his first 6 days, I am so happy to be at home with him.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm sorry that you had to labor with some random doctor. It's great that Trevor's at home with you now!!!

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats on the birth of Trevor!
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

nicram8683 responded:
Thank you guys. He has been doing very well at home, eating and pooping a lot which is a good sign that there isnt any permanent damage to his large intestines. We have our first follow up with a pediatrician tomorrow.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

ninjarbaby responded:
Congrats Nicole! Glad you all are home together now!
Jane(30), DH(30), DSD(12) - TTC 1 since 2008 after m/c in Feb 2008 - Stopped actively TTC'ing in mid 2009 after unexplained IF. Surprise BFP 8/31/11! EDD 5/4/2012 Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (27) DH (27) Married in June 2006. We have 2 furbabies as seen in my pic. TTC since February 2008. DH's and my tests are all normal. 3 f...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!