Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story
beckyatmoms posted:
I know, crazy right! On Tuesday the 5th I was getting ready for work when my water broke. We went to the hospital and sure enough baby A's water broke. I was immediately put on total bed rest and magnesium (which is horrible) to stop any contractions long enough to get steroids and antibiotics. Two days later I had all the steroids the babies needed and was basically just waiting for labor to start. Sunday night I noticed some lower abdominal discomfort and the fluid I was leaking turned a pink color. Well within an hour I was having a c section.

Baby A (Emma) weighed in at 2lbs 11oz and baby B (Reagan) weighed in at 3lbs 4oz. Both babies are doing very well and breathing on their own. I'm pumping what I can, but my milk hasn't really come in yet. I will be discharged on Thursday and am dreading going home without the twins. They are so precious! I know they are in good hands and have a long road ahead of them but I feel encouraged by how well they are doing so far.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

booklvr04 responded:
Oh Wow! Congratulations Becky! I'm so happy to hear that the twins seems to be holding their own, and that you are staying positive! I can't wait to her your updates! Congrats again! This is the amazing culmination of your long journey... many prayers for your new family!! xoxo
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Oh wow! Congratulations!!! How long do you think they'll make the twins stay in the NICU before you can take them home?

beckyatmoms replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
We met with the Dr today and he of course can't give us an exact time he said he would guess the babies would be discharged between 34-36 weeks. Friday they will be 30 weeks so not toooooo bad.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

no1phillygirl responded:
Omg! Wow! I hope that you are feeling good and that you continue to update us on those precious babies. Congrats x 2
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

Spotlight: Member Stories

After almost 3 years of trying, doing many meds, IUIs, and a failed IVF, we conceived on our own!! Due with our first May 10th. 20 week u/s Dec. 27th,...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful