Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story
beckyatmoms posted:
I know, crazy right! On Tuesday the 5th I was getting ready for work when my water broke. We went to the hospital and sure enough baby A's water broke. I was immediately put on total bed rest and magnesium (which is horrible) to stop any contractions long enough to get steroids and antibiotics. Two days later I had all the steroids the babies needed and was basically just waiting for labor to start. Sunday night I noticed some lower abdominal discomfort and the fluid I was leaking turned a pink color. Well within an hour I was having a c section.

Baby A (Emma) weighed in at 2lbs 11oz and baby B (Reagan) weighed in at 3lbs 4oz. Both babies are doing very well and breathing on their own. I'm pumping what I can, but my milk hasn't really come in yet. I will be discharged on Thursday and am dreading going home without the twins. They are so precious! I know they are in good hands and have a long road ahead of them but I feel encouraged by how well they are doing so far.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

booklvr04 responded:
Oh Wow! Congratulations Becky! I'm so happy to hear that the twins seems to be holding their own, and that you are staying positive! I can't wait to her your updates! Congrats again! This is the amazing culmination of your long journey... many prayers for your new family!! xoxo
Emily(31); DH(32) - After 4 failed IUI's we conceived on our own prior to our IVF cycle! Alexander Edward was born on 9/1/2010; 5lbs 15oz, 20; God is Great!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Oh wow! Congratulations!!! How long do you think they'll make the twins stay in the NICU before you can take them home?

beckyatmoms replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
We met with the Dr today and he of course can't give us an exact time he said he would guess the babies would be discharged between 34-36 weeks. Friday they will be 30 weeks so not toooooo bad.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

no1phillygirl responded:
Omg! Wow! I hope that you are feeling good and that you continue to update us on those precious babies. Congrats x 2
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, I'm Amanda. I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.