Skip to content
Singing the blues from the hospital again!
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
Yesterday I was about to leave for my regular OB appointment when I saw my hospital bag sitting there. I decided not to take it with me because I thought I'd jinx myself. Well, at the appointment, my blood pressure was 200/94 or something stupidly high. When my nurse re-took it, it was down to 174/90, which is still horrible. Dr. K was the doctor in the office that day, so she decided to admit me to the hospital because my high blood pressure, headaches, and repeated boomeranging from home to hospital had her worried.

I got upstairs to labor/delivery (luckily, my OB's office is attached to my hospital) and my favorite doctor, Dr. E, was on call. He ordered a 24 hour urine analysis to see if I was spilling protein. Also, he and Dr. K told me in no uncertain terms that I was here for the duration of the pregnancy, which could be up to 2 weeks!!! I was pretty upset to hear this.

I'm waiting for the results of the urine test. If I have a lot of protein, they'll probably deliver the twins early. Also, if I have any other problems, they will. I'm really ready to have the babies. We had an anatomy scan today and they met 8/8 criteria. They seem to be really healthy and are both probably over 5 lbs each now.

My husband was off from work today so he decided to spend most of the day up here with me. I asked him, "Are you disappointed that we're doing a c-section and not a traditional birth?" He replied, " No, because you're a weenie!!! " I didn't know whether or not to laugh or be offended!!! I guess I can't be mad at him because he brought me some Peanut M&Ms.

***Also, my doctors have put me on a normal diet. Since last week, I've lost most of my water weight by being on a low-salt diet.****

rooni134 responded:
keeping you in my prayers! i hope all goes well.

no1phillygirl responded:
Thinking of you
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

FrenchBulldogMom replied to rooni134's response:
Thanks, guys! Well, my 24 hour urine test was negative for protein and the blood pressure medicine seems to be working. Maybe I can stage a jailbreak for later today!!! I'd rather be at home for 2 weeks instead of here.

FrenchBulldogMom replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
No jailbreak today. Dr. B was on call today at the hospital and she let me go downstairs in a wheelchair to visit with my dogs. I thought that was very nice of her. My husband came by after work and we ate dinner together.

My blood pressure was pretty high today considering that I'm on Labetalol. It was in high 140s and even hit 157/95 in the middle of the day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Danielle. DH and I have been TTC since July 2008 with no luck. Diagnosed with MFIF in August 2009. We have done two fresh cycles in which the ...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.