Skip to content
traveling in 3rd trimester
gjbsgirl5705 posted:
so... we're trying to plan a trip to see my family in early september. i'll be about 33-34 weeks along by then. I've never traveled that far into pregnancy and wondered if any of you ladies had and could share some tips! thanks oh yeah.... it'll be in the car. should only take 7 -8 hours to get there but, with both kids usually ends up taking closer to 10
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Our Surprise, Hannah Kate - due 10/26/12

deliela999 responded:
I don't have any experience to share. When I'm 30 weeks my brother is getting married in San Diego. I've asked my doctor's opinion and he says as long as everything is going ok with the pregnancy I'll be fine to fly there. I'm going to buy the tickets soon and get the insurance just in case so I get my money back if I can't go.

KL0124 responded:
All I can say is to ask your OB. I know plenty of people who travelled toward the end of their pg. With DD, I wasn't allowed to travel in my 3rd trimester due to PTL and my OB has already said that with twins, I shouldn't plan on travelling for the holidays (32/33 weeks). Hope you are able to make the trip safely.

codysu responded:
As long as there are no complications with your pregnancy and your OB clears it, it shouldn't be a problem. I traveled about 14 hours when I was 31/32 wks. We broke up the trip and stayed over night with my dad halfway. But just plan on stopping a lot for bathroom breaks and to walk around and get the blood circulating in your legs. And it is hard to sit for a long time, so bring lots of pillows!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

6 rounds of Clomid (spring/summer 2011), Laparoscopy for endo and ovarian cysts (August 2011), Lupron to remove any remaining endo (fall/winter 20...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.