Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C-Section scheduled for 6/27/12!!!
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
After 8 days in the hospital, my doctor let me go home today. He said that my labs were really good and that I'm responding well to the blood pressure meds. I have to come back on Monday for a quick check up and on Tues for pre-op, but if all goes well, they will do the c-section on Wednesday!!!

I'm on strict bedrest until then. At least I'm getting to finish it up at home.

melikib responded:
Yay congrats! The end is near! I'm right behind you scheduled for the 28th. Good luck!
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

deliela999 responded:
Yay!! You're so close now! I can't wait to hear about it.

KL0124 responded:
Hooray for getting to go home! Hope everything goes well with the c-section and your babies and you do well with delivery. How far along are you? Good luck surviving your last few days on bed rest.

codysu responded:
Yay Mary! So glad you get to be home for a few days before the c-section!! Can't wait to "meet" the babies!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to KL0124's response:
I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday. When I first came into the hospital for the 5th time, 2 weeks ago, my doctor thought I could go any day. He admitted to me on Thursday that he was shocked that my bloodwork was normal and that the babies were doing perfectly, with no signs of pre-term labor.

My grandmother carried my dad and his twin sister for 40 weeks. They were a surprise back in 1952. She thought she was having 1 baby and ended up with twins that were over 8 lbs each!!! They're going to have to drag out my babies, kicking and screaming.

As far as the bed rest. I'm really close to banning my best friend from my house until the babies are born. She's over-mothering me to the point that it is stressing me out and making my blood pressure go up. We went to eat dinner at my Dad's house tonight and he was fussing for me to sit down, also. I had to explain to him that I have to get up to go to the bathroom, and that the doctor is letting me get up to have meals at the table. I'm monitoring my blood pressure several times a day and taking my meds. I'm not cooking, cleaning, or doing any excessive walking.

I may have to kill my family for being too over-protective, LOL!!!
At least my husband is relaxed around me. He even let me get up to get my own drink from the fridge!!!

I'm really glad to be home from the hospital for these last 5 days before the babies come. My recliner isn't the most comfortable place to sleep, but it beats the hospital bed. That thing was killing my back. I also get to play with my dogs while I'm at home. Petting them lowers my blood pressure.

We're going back to my Dad's tomorrow where I get to use the really nice recliner. I slept in it for 3 hours this afternoon. The rest of the family is going to go swimming, but it tires me out too much to go. At least there will be people there to make dinner for me. Last weekend before the babies come!!!

beckyatmoms replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
That's exciting! I'm sure you cannot wait to meet your little ones. Are the babies breech or are they doing the c section because of your blood pressure? I'll give you some advice...make sure they give you a binder before you leave the hospital. It makes your recovery much easier.
Becky (35) DH (31) DS (12) DSD (6) MFIF TTC 3 1/2 years
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN
IVF 3 (12/11) BFP....TWINS....EDD 8/23/12...PINK TEAM!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to beckyatmoms's response:
What's a binder?

We had already decided to do a c-section early on, but Baby A is breech. There's not enough room left for her to flip, anyway. They've been in the same positions for weeks, only having enough room to kick and stretch. Baby B is head-down, transverse.

My doctor is going to tape up my belly so that he can do a small bikini-cut. Then, he's going to use stitches instead of staples and use some extra butterfly closures. He said that everything looks great for Wednesday. I even had a consult with the anesthesiologist last week and talked to her about my previous spinal epidural during my surgery last year. Since I did so well with it, I'm not nearly as scared of this one. The thought of having a needle in my back is pretty scary to me, LOL!!!

How are you doing?

A binder is like a wide elastic belt that goes around your belly afterwards. It keeps you from having that "I think my insides are falling out" feeling. It really helps a lot. My hospital gave me one automatically but if yours doesn't I would ask for one just so you have it as an option.

I am doing well. The recovery is slow but I am getting better everyday. The girls are doing very well. Emma is breathing on her own and Reagan is almost off the CPAP. Both are starting to gain weight. They will be there for a while still. I can't wait to get them home, they couldn't be any cuter!

Can't wait to hear your story. I wish you the best of luck!
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN

Would a belly band help if I wore that?

I don't know what a belly band is but it sounds like the same thing. It's just a wide piece of elastic that secured with Velcro. You wrap it around your belly tight and it keeps everything in place. I was shocked at how much better it made me feel. They may give you one at the hospital.
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN

This doesn't have Velcro. It's one piece that goes over your head and goes from your ribs to under your belly. It helps support your baby bump and back.

Is it possible to die of swollen ankles? My feet look like sausages.

I can't wait to meet the babies. Are yours still in the NICU?

Yes, the girls are still in the NICU and will be for probably at least another month. It seems like forever and I'm dying to get them home but I know they are in good hands.

I hope everything went well today, can't wait to hear your story!
IVF 1 (2/10) BFN
IVF 2 (3/11) BFN

Keep us updated on how your girls are doing in the NICU.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Becca 31, DH 32, DD 1.5 yrs... DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.