Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birth Story-Ellie
leji1 posted:
Hi All! Life has been more than hectic over the last two and a half weeks but the girls are sleeping for a little while longer so thought I would finally post my story.

My water broke spontaneously at 35wks 5d at almost midnight on 6/9/12. My OB originally wanted me to go to 38 wks and I was supposed to be induced on yesterday 6/26. I guess the girls had plans of their own! I labored for 12 hrs, pushed for two hours but Baby A (Elise) would not budge even though I could see her head when the nurses held up a mirror. My OB was comfortable continuing to let me push but in the end I decided to go to C-section which I was comfortable with knowing that I had another daughter to deliver. Elise was born at 5lbs and perfectly healthy. Sofie came two minutes later weighing in at 4lbs 3oz and also healthy. Neither had any respiratory issues. We got some adorable twin delivery pics in the OR.

Due to Sofie's low birthweight she had to be monitored in the NICU for a few days to make sure she was gaining weight. She ended up coming home two days after I was discharged and is now 5lbs.

I'm doing a combo of bottle and breast feeding which is quite complicated with two but slowly getting the hang of things.

We couldn't be more thankful or feel more blessed. The whole experience seems almost surreal. I feel so content now like my soul is finally at peace after 4 1/2 years of struggling to have children.

Thank you all for your support and looking forward to hearing many more wonderful birth stories!!
Ellie (33)After 3 1/2 yrs, 3 fresh IVF cycles, 2 FETs, 1 chemical and 1 ectopic, we are expecting twins!

gjbsgirl5705 responded:
congratulations on your sweet little girls! so glad to hear everyone is healthy and home! good job, mama!
me(Amy) - 30 dh - 29
IVF/ICSI -1 Caleb born 4/18/08
IVF/ICSI -2 Carter born 4/29/11
Our Surprise, Hannah Kate - due 10/26/12

melikib responded:
Congratulations! So glad to hear you are all healthy and home and dong well! Enjoy your baby girls!

Mindi
Mindi(38), DH(35), 3 IUIs with injects bfn, 1st IVF bfn, 2 FETs bfn, 2nd IVF ectopic, 3rd IVF Jan/Feb '11 BFP!! MC March 'll. FET BFP Oct '11! Due July 5, 2012!!

nicram8683 responded:
Congrats! Enjoy the new additions to your family!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 7yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

livelaughmoe responded:
Congrats Ellie, ahhh soul at peace
Unexplained infertility
TTC for 3 years
IUI 5 BFP M/C 8-9weeks

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations on your girls! Happy to hear that they are oth home with you.

no1phillygirl responded:
yea Ellie. I am so happy for you. Sophie and Elise are beautiful names. I am so glad that you are all doing well. I hope to see you on the other side (paif grad boards). Take care of yourself and those sweet baby girls.
Marla(43) DH(33) BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 6 wks
ivf2 2/10 BFP trisomy d

codysu responded:
Congrats Ellie! I love the names for your girls! I'm so glad you are all doing well and you are enjoying mommyhood!
Cody 38, DH 45 - IVF 1-m/c @ 6wk, IVF 2 BFP 11-11-11! EDD 7-26-12 PINK Team!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Stacy. DH and I have been married since April 2007 and are expecting our first baby (boy) on July 24, 2010 after TTC for 13 mos. We were ab...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.